• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Victim Ejected Onto 5 Freeway Sign After Crash Near Glendale

Wear your seatbelts always.

Victim Ejected Onto 5 Freeway Sign After Crash Near Glendale

"Authorities said the victim's Ford Focus rolled several times,
    and the driver was catapulted onto the sign.
    CHP said the victim was not wearing a seatbelt."

he certainly didn't see that coming
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

It's natural selection. Kid was driving like a fool, the seat belt would have kept him in the car so he could be arrested after it got through rolling over.

A seat belt is such a basic thing. It's still just hard to believe how many people won't wear one.
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

A seat belt is such a basic thing. It's still just hard to believe how many people won't wear one.
        And when Ford made them standard equipment back in the 50's Chevrolet salesman made fun of them - saying "Fords aren't safe".
        What is obvious now, wasn't back then.

Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

I have a friend that knows they will save your life . He was behind us when the Shelby GT 500 went up a tree backward at 55 or so m.p.h. Everytime he getsbin my car I have to tell him to put on the seatbelt. Ice told him I dont need 200 pounds of balast flying around in a minor accident killing me ! This guy simply doesn't like being told what to do by the government . ( well I don't either, but I can recognise a great idea when I see it ) HE WILL DRIVE HIS GIRL FRIENDS CAR DOWN THE ROAD WITH THE BELL DINGING EVERY 20 SECONDS FOR 20 MIN. ( if it were his car hed just have the belt fastened and be sitting on it.
          Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Can't cure stupid-----

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierL98GTA View Post
              told him I dont need 200 pounds of balast flying around in a minor accident killing me ! .
              Wow, I thought I invented that line Dan. That's my line, I use it - I don't need your big ass flying over here killing me if we hit something. I've even had to use it on one of the safety advocates at work. He hopped into Bubba the Truck and just sat there, ready and waiting to go...."Dude, fasten the seat belt, I don't need your big ass flying...." and then there's the look....oh, okay.

And there's the "But I'm a good driver" syndrome. All you have to do is drive 3 or 4 miles on the interstate and look at the skid marks leading over to the mashed up guard rail. That was NOT a planned maneuver for sure. How many people ever leave the house saying, "Bye Honey! I'm leaving to go out and total the car at milepost 29 so this time I'll fasten the seat belt since I'm bound to need it."
              Last edited by pdub; October 31, 2015, 06:15 AM.

Comment

We here about all the deaths on I-80 here in Kearney. Nearly all include the term "was not wearing seatbelt"
                BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post

Wow, I thought I invented that line Dan. That's my line, I use it - I don't need your big ass flying over here killing me if we hit something. I've even had to use it on one of the safety advocates at work. He hopped into Bubba the Truck and just sat there, ready and waiting to go...."Dude, fasten the seat belt, I don't need your big ass flying...." and then there's the look....oh, okay.

And there's the "But I'm a good driver" syndrome. All you have to do is drive 3 or 4 miles on the interstate and look at the skid marks leading over to the mashed up guard rail. That was NOT a planned maneuver for sure. How many people ever leave the house saying, "Bye Honey! I'm leaving to go out and total the car at milepost 29 so this time I'll fasten the seat belt since I'm bound to need it."
                  I didn't come up with it on my own . It my have been here in the early years of this site when it was Carjunkie or Frieburgers Garage or possibly on Protouring.com (that's where I learned where Dave went when he left Hot Rod Magazine ) that someone my have posted a link to a crashed car. It looked very survivable but on out of I think four had no seat belt. She killed them all.
                  Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post

And when Ford made them standard equipment back in the 50's Chevrolet salesman made fun of them - saying "Fords aren't safe".
                    What is obvious now, wasn't back then.

and kept steering columns that would stab you until the mid-70s. the only car from the 50s that any kind of safety was the Tucker.... and it wasn't just GM that shut them down.
                    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

and kept steering columns that would stab you until the mid-70s. the only car from the 50s that any kind of safety was the Tucker.... and it wasn't just GM that shut them down.
                      Yep, with that cyclops eyeball in the middle of the front that pointed whichever way the car was turning, yeah. Way too far ahead of its time.

Comment

As a parent that's one ride you never want your child taking...in a litter basket.
                        Michael from Hampton Roads

Comment

the snappy rally cars all over the web... the ford focus became a focus. At 20 years old.. I was monte carlo SS bound and wanting to know how fast it would go like dale earnhardt.

I feel bad seeing especially the little cars and high speed in the same sentence.

No one teaches they are geared for 80mph tops.
                          I was just thinking of the smoking tire guy on you tube, and his crazy quest about the ford focus. I hated it from day one.. but do like his shows.

edit:
                          I did live through the last generation of 4000 pound RWD. for real, seatbelts were not the safety, the car was. Some years ago I even ripped apart my 80s subaru to exceed factory for a seatbelt that works good. I'll die inside the tin can instead of thrown from it, but hey.

the pickup trucks are my favorite place to wear one today. Those are another machine that can really launch an occupant.
                          Last edited by Barry Donovan; November 1, 2015, 07:45 PM.
                          Previously boxer3main
                          the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Horrible. I can only imagine the scars left on the folks that had to see that sight.

Comment

That is in Glendale CA. I believe Glendale was just named in a study as having the worst drivers in America. I can testify to that. There is a certain, um, demographic that is known for very aggressive and unsafe driving living in Glendale.

Comment

Working...
                              X