Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Good News Is ... That I Didn't Die !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Good News Is ... That I Didn't Die !

I lay in a hospital bed as I write this ... possible heart attack Monday and Mom rushed me to the Emergency Room. Had six of the symptoms out of seven and my blood pressure at check-in was 190 / 120. At my age, the first one is often fatal.

They are still testing me with every thing they've got. Radioactive isotopes and pictures, Echo cardio gram and EKG's. I just finished a stress test, chemically induced (no treadmill for the King of Lazy). Then the second run of Radioactive isotopes and more pictures. Finally got 4-hours of good sleep last night .. first in 72-hours. Sleeping in a hospital is a nightmare and 4 hrs is a lot.

No diagnosis yet, but all the tests so far indicate it wasn't a full heart attack .. a warning that got my attention. Hopefully my Doc will review the test results quickly and release my sorry ass early this afternoon with peace-of-mind.

Glad to hear...yikes. Hope it wasn't 'cause of that Photobucket thing...

Comment

Glad that you are still with us! Thoughts and Prayers are forthcoming from all of us here....
      Patrick & Tammy
      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Dude ! Chill up let the spammer have the front page !
        In all seriousness , glad your still here .
        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Rest easy and get well soon Steve - -
          Phil / Omaha

Comment

Golly bum Steve, take care of Steve!!! Glad you're still with us!
            Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post
              Rest easy and get well soon Steve - -
              Sorry to hear about this . Prayers for you and LISTEN to the DR.

Comment

get well, keep cool
                Previously boxer3main
                the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

I agree with all of the above Steve. Don't be in a rush to get back here.......priority #1 is recovery. We'll limp along, somehow............
                  Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                  HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Best of luck and huge Positive Energy! I pulled thru mine well and that was almost 15 years ago and we'll hope they've learned even more since then. I thought you were supposed to be looking out for Mom, not the other way around! Great that she was there.

If you're up for it we still need to hook up soon. I'll PM my phone number.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                      If you're up for it we still need to hook up soon. I'll PM my phone number.
                      Thanks Dan, PM me. Mom is great .. she had her attack years ago and they put in a stint and I can't keep up with her.

Comment

Steve - WOW - glad you are OK!

Comment

Know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. Do what the docs ( and mom) say.

Comment

Hang in there Steve, and yes listen! You'll be in our prayers.
                            Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                            If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Discharged and just got home. Normal, healthy heart. I suspect it's my Cholesterol levels, but we'll sort that out .. not in the hospital. Thanks again everyone!

Comment

Working...
                              X