Modern ZL1!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modern ZL1!!

So I have a cousin who lives near Pittsburgh, Pa where we grew up together getting into all the usual childhood mischief you can imagine. As adults, I became the car guy in the family and he became a dentist, raising 4 kids to masters degrees and generally trying to squeak in something cool now and again but mostly working hard. Fast forward to 2012-all the kids are grown and graduated and he is still working hard, drilling and filling but he suddenly has….$$$! First thing he buys is a new ZL1 Camaro. We had many of the requisite “what do you think? What would you do?” conversations and I encouraged him to at least test drive a new SRT8 Challenger and Shelby Mustang-but he is a Chevy guy at heart and he went ahead and bought a victory red ZL1. Life and its ups and downs kept me on the west coast until October of 2017 when I got to return to my roots and spend some time driving this car. WHAT A MACHINE! He has it turned up to something north of 600 whp so I expected brutal acceleration but I was unprepared for …a Camaro that is actually COMFORTABLE! And brakes!! The suspension and brakes were sooooo good I eventually didn’t even care how fast it was-it was truly head and shoulders above anything GM I had ever driven. It was/is impossible to see out of but –I want one! Maybe the next thing after the GTO. Assuming there is a next thing after the GTO because I really like it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3914.JPG
Views:	76
Size:	761.4 KB
ID:	1233357

Name:	IMG_3907.JPG
Views:	73
Size:	465.6 KB
ID:	1233355Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3916.JPG
Views:	78
Size:	1.03 MB
ID:	1233356
    67 Fairlane 434 ci/464 hp/488 tq-RIP
    05 GTO torrid red/red gut, LS2, Auto (my knees hurt!)

Great car but just put a blower on the GTO.
    Last edited by Dan Barlow; February 20, 2019, 03:04 AM.
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Crazy fast
      Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Did he stick with the standard 6-speed manual transmission (see what I did there?) or did he order the optional 8-speed paddle shift automatic ?

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post
          Did he stick with the standard 6-speed manual transmission (see what I did there?) or did he order the optional 8-speed paddle shift automatic ?
          stick shift all the way!!!

Name:	IMG_3913.JPG
Views:	86
Size:	921.0 KB
ID:	1233393

Comment

For what it's worth, I had a new Challenger rental once. You can't see out of them either.
            Last edited by oletrux4evr; February 20, 2019, 07:55 AM.
            Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
            HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

sweet cars.
              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
                For what it's worth, I had a new Challenger rental once. You can't see out of them either.
                Yeah.........I've noticed that............damn good thing they got the back up cameras
                Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

GM debut'd the 2019 SS at SEMA in their new exterior color "Shock", which closely resembles highlighter yellow. They also have several other new colors, one called "Crush", which is probably orange. Looks like they are giving the nod to MOPAR color naming conventions ...

Click image for larger version  Name:	2019 ZL1 Camaro.jpg Views:	1 Size:	91.0 KB ID:	1233405

Comment

Yep ...

Name:	2019 Camaro SS Crush.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	108.5 KB
ID:	1233410

Comment

Yep ...

Name:	2019 Camaro SS Crush.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	108.5 KB
ID:	1233410
                      ohhhhhh-I LIKE THAT!

Comment

GM debut'd the 2019 SS at SEMA in their new exterior color "Shock", which closely resembles highlighter yellow. They also have several other new colors, one called "Crush", which is probably orange. Looks like they are giving the nod to MOPAR color naming conventions ...

Click image for larger version Name:	2019 ZL1 Camaro.jpg Views:	1 Size:	91.0 KB ID:	1233405
                        As always, follow the leader - like what, 40 years late?

Dan

Comment

We had one come in the shop that had a suspension light on. It was owned by a old man so im not sure if it ever got driven hard. I took it out for a test drive. I can say I would love to have one of these cars after driving. It was super fun.

Comment

Originally posted by chevybuytroy View Post
                            It was owned by a old man so im not sure if it ever got driven hard.
                            Yup, we old men don't like to drive our cars hard.....

Name:	20180928_182239.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	859.1 KB
ID:	1233463

Comment

I have a friend who bought a 2015 Corvette. The carfax on the car was clear, but he was playing through the videos from the on-board cameras - and found out the car had been to an autobody shop. Allegedly it was for a scrape on the front bumper, but what was funny is there is storage of videos on new cars.... so no more "don't know" rather "it's been erased"
                              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Working...
                              X