Give a listen, my daughter's first piano recital

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Give a listen, my daughter's first piano recital

My daughter, Lia, has been playing the piano for about 3 years. Her teacher is a friend of ours and the father of one of her good friends as well. His name is Shane Faubert and he can be found on Youtube with his band, "The Next Big Thing". Shane's wife works at this museum, http://www.lambertcastle.org/museum.html that he rented for the day to give a little public exposure of his 18 other students. Lia also plays the xylophone in the school's band, learned to play the sax as well after Xmas and was in the school's jazz band. She taught herself how to play the sax and now is learning to play the flute. Pretty good for a 13 YO, heh?

So, here's the link of her playing "The Raindrop" by Chopin. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFWuH6wWlGk
    Tom
    Overdrive is overrated

Re: Give a listen, my daughter's first piano recital

Sitting here with my head all plugged up and my nose running like a fire hose. Very soothing. Excellent job.

Comment

Tom,

You have a very talented young lady there. Congratulations!

Both my kids are great musicians as well and I know how proud a parent can be when the kids nail a number!

Thanks for sharing,

Ron
      It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

that was great, you should be proud! I have always envied the musicaly gifted...

My kids all play instruments, my oldest played Sax and Tuba, my daughter (who is deaf) played the violin, piano, calrinet and sax...
        If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Thanks guys! I don't know where she gets it from. Definitely not from me or the wife. She can just here a piece and play it. She plays a lot from memory. On the recital, I asked her how much she did from memory, she said a couple measures in the middle and glanced at the sheet at the end just to be sure she was on track. She can imagine how something is going to sound in her head. She freaks her teacher out at times.

Shane had a total of 19 students performing. Most where very short pieces. He had Lia going on last, the applause was outstanding. Made my wife, son and I very proud. I'm still on a high.
          Tom
          Overdrive is overrated

Comment

My sister has the music gift too. Piano, flute, clarinet and lately Harp too. I'm always impressed. Congratulations!
            Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

It was excellant..how old is your daughter?

Somehow I pictured you as to young to have a teen age daughter.... ( shows what I know )....

K

Comment

Originally posted by KeithTurk
                It was excellant..how old is your daughter?

Somehow I pictured you as to young to have a teen age daughter.... ( shows what I know )....

K
                She'll be 14 beginning of Aug. Glad you enjoyed it Kieth. At home, she has a Yamaha key board. Most of the time when she practices she has the head phones on. All we hear is the clunking of the keys :-\ It's not until she has a lesson do we hear the fruits of her work ;D Best $600 we ever spent!
                Tom
                Overdrive is overrated

Comment

That's great!!

Music is important. Support whatever interest your kids have in it!
                  www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

wow... very talented.
                    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I dont know that song, but it sounds real good to me
                      COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

Thank Whomever that Lia favors her mother! Cute girl and talented, too.

ME is a violin teacher and a fine musician so I get to hear all of "her" kids as they progress and get better. The studio is here in our house so they are in and out and some have become very dear to me. Sometimes it's hard not to show favoritism!

Sometimes ME will have a group of adult musicians here to play in the studio - mostly chamber music. It's fun to hear he sound sort of drifting in. It seems that both here and in Ann Arbor there are talented musicians and they all agree that it makes their lives better regardless of what they do for a living. I hope Lia has a similar experience.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                        X