Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mopar Action Versus Popular Hot Rodding (Gromer v. Hunkins)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My favorite PHR cover,would be a blue ratty Chevelle on a racetrack with a very afraid Hunkins in the passenger seat,and me in the other.Im sure it would sell real well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Speedzzter.blogspot View Post
      Okay . . . One more "yap" (since I know that Dulcich is here).

The exclusion of production-based Ford Coyote and other DOHC engines from Enginemasters is simply another indicator of the prevailing pro-GM bias. Typical.

I can't wait for the funny movie quote in response.
      I don't know why you would say this to me, but as far as I know these engines are legal for competition. You should build one and come to the party.
      -dulcich

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnny Hunkins View Post
        Dude, you know they make medication for that? You're gonna have an aneurism if you're not careful. Life is too short. But I sort of agree on one thing; Gromer's an interesting cat, and I wish he'd join the party.

PHR is having a banner year on the newsstand, and I wish to thank everybody who bought a copy or five! My job appears to be safe for at least another three months! Then again, I'm not the newsstand expert that Speedy is, so who knows?

This weekend I'm off to shoot a '67 Charger built by Alan Johnson. It's got a 528ci Ray Barton Hemi, among other many cool things. You guys will dig this thing. (Well, except maybe Speedy.) It's gonna be our April cover car. It's not certain, but we may also have a wing car on/in our March cover.
        After this discussion, I'll be somehow disappointed if there isn't a 69 Camaro somewhere on the cover as well
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• You can't swing a dead cat without hitting a '69 Camaro. I somehow sense your disappointment is not genuine. FWIW, our November isssue ('67 Camaro on the cover) is selling like hotcakes. Did you not get your fill with that one?

Comment

• just like washington, the ones in power don't hear the masses

we get "they make medication for that?"
            and is why I don't get it home delivered anymore, read it at the stand and if I find a must have issue I buy that one..

Comment

• NO, no, not Camaro...Corvair.

I'm still learning

Comment

• Engine Masters Rules

Originally posted by dulcich View Post
                I don't know why you would say this to me, but as far as I know these engines are legal for competition. You should build one and come to the party.
                -dulcich
                I really thought I could let this thead go . . . but:

1. Dulcich, I mistakenly thought that because your byline appears so often in the EM magazine, that you had something to do with the EMC's rules. My mistake.

2. 2011 EMC rules, Page 17 "CYLINDER HEADS Rev March 23, 2011
                Any domestic OEM passenger car or commercially available aftermarket
                cylinder head with the manufacture

Comment

I really thought I could let this thead go . . . but:

1. Dulcich, I mistakenly thought that because your byline appears so often in the EM magazine, that you had something to do with the EMC's rules. My mistake.

2. 2011 EMC rules, Page 17 "CYLINDER HEADS Rev March 23, 2011
                  Any domestic OEM passenger car or commercially available aftermarket
                  cylinder head with the manufacture
                  Well yeah, for several years I wrote the rules for the event, and though others are now involved I still have a major part in the details of the rules each year. However, I don't know what you are getting at with point 2.

Comment

• "identification, such as stamped, etched,
                    engraved, or machined numbers, with CNC part number and/or casting number, with
                    casting number cast into head, 2-valve per cylinder only, permitted."

In other words, TWENTY FREAKIN YEARS OF OEM FORD V8s (including the current Mustang GT Coyote, Boss 302 and GT500 long-block, BANNED FROM EMC! How is that not virulent anti-Ford discrimination?

(Let the snide anti-Ford DOHC modular comments begin . . . but if they really suck so bad, why ban them from the EMC show?)

Now, a brief side comment to Mr. Hunkins:

I'm withholding judgment as to future issues of "Pop Rod" (however I'm about half expecting to be disappointed by a "Javelin" bastardized with a belly-button common GM "LESS" V8 ).

And considering that I have nearly 400 hours of earned baccalaureate and graduate credit, along with three degrees, I believe I've earned the right to be called "DOCTOR Newsstand Expert!"
                    Last edited by 38P; October 26, 2011, 03:43 PM.

Comment

• Hmmm....

If there's gonna be dead cat swingin' going on, then maybe we should make up some kitty and squirrel gumbo (with okra, of course).

Ron
                      It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

• Originally posted by dulcich View Post
                        Well yeah, for several years I wrote the rules for the event, and though others are now involved I still have a major part in the details of the rules each year. However, I don't know what you are getting at with point 2.
                        a "feature" of this forum cut off the quotation from the 2011 rule book.

The bottom line is that EMC discriminates against, inter alia, the current production Ford truck and Mustang V8s. How's that fair?

Comment

• Originally posted by Speedzzter.blogspot
                          I recite facts. Others make fun of it. NOT HELPFUL.
                          I apologize for my failure to recognize your cry for help.

Ron
                          It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ron Ward View Post
                            I apologize for my failure to recognize your cry for help.

Ron
                            I apologize, because I now realize you were responding to Hunkins "dead cat" comment posted while I was trying to paste the FREAKING ANTI-FORD EMC rule on this thread. My bad.

Comment

• I do have to agree on the DOHC 4 valve. Let 'em compete.

Its like the Deltawing racing car. I hate the damn thing, but let them run it at LeMans. They'll either shut everyone up, or go home with their tails between there legs.

Wait a minute, I'm participating in one of Speedy's changes in the rules of engagement. Damn the hypocrisy!!
                              I'm still learning

Comment

"identification, such as stamped, etched,
                                engraved, or machined numbers, with CNC part number and/or casting number, with
                                casting number cast into head, 2-valve per cylinder only, permitted."

In other words, TWENTY FREAKIN YEARS OF OEM FORD V8s (including the current Mustang GT Coyote, Boss 302 and GT500 long-block, BANNED FROM EMC! How is that not virulent anti-Ford discrimination.

(Let the snide anti-Ford DOHC modular comments begin . . . but if they really suck so bad, why ban them from the EMC show?)

Now, a brief side comment to Mr. Hunkins:

I'm withholding judgment as to future issues of "Pop Rod" (however I'm about half expecting to be disappointed by a "Javelin" bastardized with a belly-button common GM "LESS" V8).

And considering that I have nearly 400 hours of earned baccalaureate and graduate credit, along with three degrees, I believe I've earned the right to be called "DOCTOR Newsstand Expert!"
                                Those are not the rules; the two valve language was removed in the March 23 revision of the EMC rules specifically to allow the new Fords. The Ford engines have done very well at the EMC for years, you can even say they dominate it. Your accusation of a GM bias is way off base and contrived; the gentlemanly thing to do would be to apologize at this point. I don't know exactly what your beef is with me and the Engine Masters Challenge. Everyone that works on this event puts out a big effort to make it as fair as possible.
                                -dulcich

Comment

Working...
                                X