No announcement yet.

2013 Chevrolet Malibu Eco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not a bad car,all of them I have seen are that color or black. Isnt there going to be a RS version of it? That new Impala is going to be a load with the standard 4 cylinder.

Comment

We rented the Malibu and also a Fusion on a recent trip to the East Coast.
      The Malibu much nicer.

Comment

It's more accurate to go with the on-board fuel economy meter than to do the "top off the tank" method. There are SO many ways to get wrong results with fuel measuring and the meters are pretty good. To get reasonably accurate results with fuel measuring you really need a TON of data (many trips) to even out the variables.

I did these measurements as part of my job so I actually know something about this.

As far as the car goes - pretty nice ride for sure but it still has some of the negative environmental impacts that hybrids have (lots of copper, big batteries, etc). We've discussed this at length on here. Basically, there's no free lunch. Hope the folks have a great experience with it.

Dan

Comment

Hey, whats wrong with copper =P
          Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Randall, it's delicious for sure.

Actually, copper is fine - it's the smelting process that takes a HUGE environmental black eye. I'm not even too disturbed by the mining process as I'm pretty sure that the land (at least in the US) gets reclaimed and is monitored to make sure all is OK. Nickel has the same issues (as in NMH batteries - don't know what kind Chevy is using in these).

Again - no free lunch.

Dan

Comment

Working...
            X