Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

big big price

Comment

What? 8 bucks ???? I paid 8 bucks ? I just picked it up and handed it to the Mrs. I didn't even think to look. Oh well. she did say she likes to buy me pretty things.
      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Bought mine in mn here on christmas eve..... BARNES AND NOBLE,

MY THOUGHTS?

great concept, poorly executed..... There are so many rehashed cars that where featured in there odd rods etc features...
        Love the pictures and no ads, but half the cars ive seen before and dont meet the critera they claim is the moto of the magazine?

Chris

Comment

Hmmm...I remember the '70's Petersen re-hash special publications, like for the Camaro articles. Those went for editions I, II and III and wound up including Chevelles, and were probably responsible for many thousands of early models not going to the junkyard, instead showing up with heartbeat graphics at the Street Machine Nationals ten years later or at-least on the cover of Car Craft. Prior to that there was the Trucks 'n Vans book, which must have had a dozen printings and helped support the whole Van thing which became an entire industry in the years ensuing. I guess somebody at SIM remembers the success of that formula back when, and is wisely bringing it back. For those guys who have already seen the cars...well, there's plenty who haven't.

Too bad I about puke when I see the "I'm this drunk but can still weld metal" rolling crap, but, hey...that's my problem, who am I to judge?. The stuff is creative, and that's a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierL98GTA View Post
            What? 8 bucks ???? I paid 8 bucks ? I just picked it up and handed it to the Mrs. I didn't even think to look. Oh well. she did say she likes to buy me pretty things.
            Damn 8 bucks.......that's a 5 year subscription to Car Craft
            Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
              Damn 8 bucks.......that's a 5 year subscription to Car Craft
              Oouf! That hurts =P
              Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
                Oouf! That hurts =P
                Ha!
                Maybe a little harsh......especially since I've had correspondence
                with Douglas Glad as of late....and a life long subscriber.

Sent 'em some back issues they were missing.

Just kiddin Doug

Still in the hunt for the magazine.
                Last edited by Monk; December 26, 2012, 05:48 PM.
                Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Can't take that one in the library. Too expensive. Going to have to keep it for life on the coffee table. ( ok I don't have a coffee table but if I said 2foot speaker it doesn't sound as good) like less displayable. Even though Some of the cars and one trike is a rehash I don't mine because I got better picks and more story.I'm kind of savoring it. On to two cars a day. Only half way through it. Can't wait to get to said trike.I always wished I had gotten in on the very high quality magazine The Rodders Journal. But kind of late for that.Hope this becomes something like that.
                  Last edited by Dan Barlow; December 26, 2012, 08:35 PM.
                  Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

The ones at the store are always high its a higher grade of paper than the Subscriptions, thats why the Subs are cheaper too.

I went to look at the rack last night at the grocery store, she slapped me when I got caught, and I ask if 8 bucks would do? I got hit again when I said, other guys said thats what it cost.
                    Last edited by JeffMcKC; December 27, 2012, 08:59 AM.
                    2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                    First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                    2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                    2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Originally posted by JeffMcKC View Post
                      I went to look at the rack last night at the grocery store, she slapped me when I got caught, and I ask if 8 bucks would do? I got hit again when I said, other guys said thats what it cost.
                      Who's rack were you looking at that you got slapped?
                      That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

might have been that certain section in the racks that got him in trouble.
                        Racing Solves Everything

Comment

Originally posted by Steve70 View Post
                          might have been that certain section in the racks that got him in trouble.
                          Looking at it, or touching what was on display?
                          I'm still learning

Comment

I was feeling her Melons to make sure they where ripe.
                            2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                            First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                            2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                            2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Originally posted by LORENSWIFE View Post
                              Who's rack were you looking at that you got slapped?

Thom

Comment

Working...
                              X