Unreal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unreal

I'm sitting in my H3, talking on the phone, in an empty lot. Suddenly, I hear "thump"... wtf, I say outloud - lady had parked next to me, so close that she couldn't get out of her car. Why she thought her POS Camry could move a Hummer is a little beyond me - however, given her responses (as follows), it's not surprising how stupid people can be.

I got out of my car, walked around to the passenger side, saw her car door against my car and said "why did you open your door into my car?", she said "well, I needed to get out of my car", I responded, "why didn't you park far enough away so that you wouldn't damage my car?" she mubbled something, but I have no idea what - incendiary. I looked at her, and said "lady you have two choices", " 1) you move your car somewhere else, or 2) you walk away and I call the cops and report that you've hit and run from an accident."

She chose option 1.

selfish, useless people.

I will say, though, I'm quite proud of myself because in my past I may have been involved with denting an old guy's legs, and denting the snot out of a jeep.... I'm growing up - I simply threatened police
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

driving junk is easier.

Something played on me this past year, a routine of the same car dropping garbage next to me and other tenants cars...in place he should not have been parking.
    one day I went outside, picked up a bottle he dropped, it was exactly under my car.. and put it on top of his roof...my camera was rolling in a second story window.

when the gangsta smacked the bottle into my car window, I knew I built something that was getting personal...and that sucks. that guy pissed me off.

a bird shit does more damage, but still...I built something that pissed me off.

I should post that vid..but there is people crazy enough to go psycho in a childs school, I just let it go.
    Last edited by Barry Donovan; December 20, 2012, 03:58 PM.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
      I will say, though, I'm quite proud of myself because in my past I may have been involved with denting an old guy's legs, and denting the snot out of a jeep.... I'm growing up - I simply threatened police
      "Oh Geppetto, your son is becoming a real boy at last!"

lol
      Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
      1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
      1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
      1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
      1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
      1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Originally posted by BBR View Post
        "Oh Geppetto, your son is becoming a real boy at last!"

lol
        If I only had a heart

Comment

Would the police charge for "leaving the scene of an accident" for a door ding?
          I would think you are "operating the vehicle" when you open the door ,if the door hits another car,or anything, I would think that would be an accident. Now she walking a way could be "fleeing the scene" if she drove away and park someplace else she would be "leaving" too.... HUM
          anybody got the lawering time to push this one?

Comment

Don't even get me started on this subject..........I can park a mile away from
            the front door of my destination store and someone will pull along side me.

Couple of years back I was exiting my car when the person opened their
            door and dinged me. I questioned her and asked does she realize what
            she had just done?
            She sort of laughs and says yeah it happens to her all the time.

I wanted to take the shopping cart and just drop it on her hood......and say it
            happens to me all the time.
            Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
              YES!!
              Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Wouldn't a Camry's door come up to about the running board of an H3? Just sayin.
                Nitrous, baby!!...

Comment

Originally posted by Cyclone03 View Post
                  Would the police charge for "leaving the scene of an accident" for a door ding?
                  I would think you are "operating the vehicle" when you open the door ,if the door hits another car,or anything, I would think that would be an accident. Now she walking a way could be "fleeing the scene" if she drove away and park someplace else she would be "leaving" too.... HUM
                  anybody got the lawering time to push this one?
                  to your first question, yes, especially if you represented their co-workers against the city... any other questions you'd like answered?

And really, the law makes no distinction as to value of the damage, it says "you shall...." followed by "if you don't...."

And last of all, I could have gotten her charged with vandalism - no dollar figure there as well.

However, to add clarity:
                  Because she didn't say "I'm sorry" or "oops" rather said (in essence) "the hell with you" she got what I do to people who cross me on the witness stand.... I suppose I could have fed her her umbrella, or kicked the crap out of her, then her car.... but instead, I made her do my will - and she has to live with that.... oh yeah, she also has to live with driving a hybrid Camry, the car that says "I'm a boring, middle-aged housewife who has so little sex appeal that someone would treat me like dirt..."

and

the point was to respect other people's property.... because eventually you'll meet some guy who'll rub your face in it when you don't.
                  Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; December 20, 2012, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Her only choice from me would be "Produce your insurance card, now!" But then I'm not one of those anti-social sorts that drives around in a Hummer . . . .

Comment

Lawyer A meet Lawyer B

Comment

Monk you handled it better than I would have, unless..... it was a beater.

Parked in the beater Intrepid at the grocery store, sitting in the car waiting for the wife type to run in and grab something. I was hurting too much to go in that day. An old lady pushes her cart away from her car and lets it roll downhill. It comes to rest against the bumper, and I look at her incredulously while she hops in, and drives off. Next thing I know I look up from reading my book and yet another octogenarian of the feminine persuasion has just shoved the cart into the bumper again, this time with her car. It didnt matter I was sitting in it, she got out, walked up and got a paper from the vending machine. She pulls out and a young couple pulls in behind her and does the same damn thing. The only difference was they saw me, got this terrified look and parked somewhere else.

If this had happened with my 98 Formula or any of the old cars, each and every one of them would have personally been introduced to me. Even if it was a beater, it isnt theirs, its mine and I dont need the fascia being ripped up by inconsiderate idiots. I used to park way out in the distance too, next to another hotrod or similar car, but far enough away that they knew I was protecting it more than anything. Never fails, some jerk in a clapped out POS parks so close I need a can opener to get in my car, and sure enough I find a ding.

Now I have a handiman tag, so I get to park up front if I want.

Comment

He's obviously better at picking his fights . . . he's crushin' the fragile planet in a beastly Hummer . . . I'm slummin' in my old 170-h.p. SVT Focus today.

Comment

If we can get Mr. Fowler here we may have the start of a hilarious joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
                              Don't even get me started on this subject..........I can park a mile away from
                              the front door of my destination store and someone will pull along side me.

Couple of years back I was exiting my car when the person opened their
                              door and dinged me. I questioned her and asked does she realize what
                              she had just done?
                              She sort of laughs and says yeah it happens to her all the time.

Yup, there ya go, I make the effort to park AWAY from anyone ,willing to walk a little bit more to protect my stuff and STILL,some ass has to go park near me and then open the damn door and hit mine. If I have to got to the friggin shopping center I go early in the morning or late ,just before closing, to avoid this.

Comment

Working...
                              X