Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When a train locomotive does a burnout, things get hot. When 2 locs do it together...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When a train locomotive does a burnout, things get hot. When 2 locs do it together...

It shows...!
    I think someone got his @ss chewed over real good by this 'oopsie'...
    Attached Files
    www.BigBlockMopar.com

rough road ahead...hold on to your wine glasses
    http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

jobs are temporary, hooning stories are forever
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I was just drilling some cheap flat stock from home depot.

home depot won the bits.

what is going on there.
        Previously boxer3main
        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Story goes there were 3 locomotives coupled together. The crew parked the train for 4 hours. They "tied down" the forward locomotive. But somehow the #2 and #3 locomotives were apparently still in gear, and in 4 hours this is what happened to the rails.

Personally I wonder how as a traindriver you could 'miss' the little fact the other 2 locomotives are still humming and grunting away joyfully when you just stopped the train and stepped out of your locomotive. Either the guy(s) were all deaf or drunk, or some kind of short happened later on which made the other 2 locos want to drive off.
          www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

Um, Boss - No, Really - - No, it won't happen again. Transferred to the Track Crew? Um, OK........

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlockMopar View Post
              Story goes there were 3 locomotives coupled together. The crew parked the train for 4 hours. They "tied down" the forward locomotive. But somehow the #2 and #3 locomotives were apparently still in gear, and in 4 hours this is what happened to the rails.

Personally I wonder how as a traindriver you could 'miss' the little fact the other 2 locomotives are still humming and grunting away joyfully when you just stopped the train and stepped out of your locomotive. Either the guy(s) were all deaf or drunk, or some kind of short happened later on which made the other 2 locos want to drive off.
              one of my brother-in-laws works for a diesel-electric engine company.... they just got a locomotive back - it was brand new - apparently the engineer left the brakes on on one of the four engines all the way from the company (Idaho) to Kansas city.... I wonder why you wouldn't notice the sparks flying, but they didn't until it got to the yard.
              Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; September 2, 2013, 06:51 PM.

Comment

Was this someone not noticing or just not caring thinking it wouldn't hurt anything? I work for a company that does rail gear inspections on semis through light trucks........ just last Friday a guy brought a pickup in with the railgear wheels chewed completely up. He said, o its been making terrible noise and shaking for weeks but it still ran 40mph ok. LOL
                Chris

Comment

That's a heck of a burn out. Thunk thunk thunk.
                  Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

how hard are those wheels? R100?

Comment

Originally posted by Cyclone03 View Post
                      how hard are those wheels? R100?
                      Rails ARE pretty hard... Wheels have to be harder to survive..
                      I'm curious what the wheels looked like and how they got the engines out of those ruts!

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                        Rails ARE pretty hard... Wheels have to be harder to survive..
                        I'm curious what the wheels looked like and how they got the engines out of those ruts!
                        they released the brakes and rolled out showering the fans with sparks

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                          they released the brakes and rolled out showering the fans with sparks
                          Wonder if they rocked out??

Comment

Yeah rails ARE hard. I've got about a foot long piece I use for an anvil. Haven't dented it in over twenty years.

Comment

Originally posted by phitter67 View Post
                              Yeah rails ARE hard. I've got about a foot long piece I use for an anvil. Haven't dented it in over twenty years.
                              As do I... Hammered on a hardened piece... Did not even dent he rail.. Shattered the piece.. Have a chisel I used a framing hammer on, the chisel is chewed... Hit the rail.. Knocked the teeth flat on my fav framing hammer!

Comment

Working...
                              X