Christmas gift exchange - proposal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by STINEY View Post
    Neat idea. What the heck, someone must want my junk as bad as I did when I brought it home??

I'm in too.

I was actually about to tell Todd I had a free hottub for him - but John beat me to it!
    dang it, that's what I was going to give away....
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I have some great jun - er - items needing a new home. Some of my stuff is kinda heavy and may only be interesting to the NC BSers due to shipping. How do we start the listing?

Dan

Comment

I gave a gasser steering wheel away one time, had guys fighting over it. Even paid shipping just so I didn't have to throw it away.

Comment

Hmmm.... how do we put together a list that shows the item and the person who has dibs on the item? Is there a way to share a spreadsheet on here? Maybe an FTP site or something?
          Last edited by Ron Ward; October 28, 2013, 02:25 PM.
          It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Ward View Post
            Hmmm.... how do we put together a list that shows the item and the person who has dibs on the item? Is there a way to share a spreadsheet on here? Maybe an FTP site or something?
            I've seen it done a few times; and it's not so overwhelmingly successful that a spreadsheet would be necessary - it's more like the book exchange that runs around here.

Comment

I've got some pretty cool car related stuff that would be fun to give away.......I'm in.
              Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierL98GTA View Post
                I'm in. Now I need to find stuff worth of some one else. ( Maybe all my crap is just that. I need to go buy better stuff to regift maybe )
                DITTO, just a little south
                http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

I'm not sure how I'd do it, but I'll offer up my website for it, but there's bound to be some gooder way to do it here. It would probably have to be a link farm or something on my site.....dunno, haven't given it any thought yet. Sounds like fun.
                  Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Just waiting on approval from the powers-that-be.... I think the best would be start Thanksgiving day, then end Christmas day; and do it annually.

I also think we might want a limit - such as you can only participate if you've got 25 or 50 posts minimum....
                    Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; October 28, 2013, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

I also think we might want a limit - such as you can only participate if you've got 25 or 50 posts minimum....
                      I like this idea. I also think that you can only put dibs on one item, and once you have, you cannot retract your "dibs."
                      It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

I like this idea. I also think that you can only put dibs on one item, and once you have, you cannot retract your "dibs."
                        What's the other end of it? So, I really want that Disney tie you've got posted, so I call dubs, and then what? Do I just get it, or do I have to send you some other thing that you don't want?

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
                          What's the other end of it? So, I really want that Disney tie you've got posted, so I call dubs, and then what? Do I just get it, or do I have to send you some other thing that you don't want?
                          Put down the beer pw.

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                          Hopefully this becomes sticky worthy; but here's the proposal:
                          1) Members post up items that we have no use that will be given for free
                          2) the only charge can be for actual shipping costs of the item to the person who wants the item
                          3) first person to say "dibs" gets the item

thoughts? worth doing?
                          And I'm in.
                          Last edited by Pumpkin; October 28, 2013, 04:14 PM.
                          "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Orange95Z View Post
                            Put down the beer pw.

And I'm in.
                            Matt, mine is a legitimate question of procedure. What are the rules?

Ohhh I wish.....wait I think I have it already, the same subject,,,,,stand by

Yes, I do: http://www.weeville.com/pranks.htm
                            Last edited by pdub; October 28, 2013, 05:12 PM.

Comment

actually you can retract your dibs if the cost of shipping (defined as the ACTUAL cost of shipping for getting it from where you are to where they are) is too much. Then you can either repost the giveaway or pass...

there are no ties, whoever posts dibs first wins...

Comment

Anyone wanna start early?

I've got a David-Bradley garden tractor that needs a home. With plow.

And I need a MIG, lol.
                                Yes, I'm a CarJunkie... How many times would YOU rebuild the same engine before getting a crate motor?

Comment

Working...
                                X