Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NewEnglandRaceFan View Post
    would an odd fir buick v6 throw it off.
    Work fine. I ran the same autometer tach in my skylark with the odd-fire 231 as I did with the 455. Of course mine was switchable. It simply counts pulses and divides, doesn't care how evenly spaced the pulses are.
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by OHC 6 Sprint View Post
      I have a single Chevy SS wheel from a 1970 SS El Camino, Chevelle, etc. I can provide factory codes, date codes, whatever. If I recall it's an "A" code wheel. It is not restored, but it's iin really good condition.

Free to a good home with shipping paid, or pick up in the greater Los Angeles area. Send me a PM or an e-mail to:

Sprint.OHC6 at G Mail.

I also have a pair of 7029202 carbs in good condition, but needing a rebuild.
      is there a letter code stamped into the wheel by the valve stem ?
      Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Originally posted by BOOOGHAR View Post
        Yes, the entire code is there, but I don't have it in front of me. You have a PM .

Comment

My sbc 400's crank rods and pistons. Hell, you can even have the bearings. They look great. Watcha got?

BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
            My sbc 400's crank rods and pistons. Hell, you can even have the bearings. They look great. Watcha got?

Can 350 pistons be used with 400 rods to keep the pistons inside the deck? 3.75 stroke, 5.565 rods, .030 350 replacement pistons...anyone know the expected deck height w/unmolested block?

If an sbc has a 9.025 deck height and stock deck clearance is .025, pin to deck height would be 1.56" and if a replacement flat top was to keep the same deck clearance it too would have a 1. 56" pin to deck measurement. 375/2 = 1.875 + 5.565 + 1.56 = 9 >> 9.025 - 9 = .025 deck clearance, correct?
            Last edited by 68scott385; November 19, 2013, 06:16 PM.
            http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

Originally posted by 68scott385 View Post
              Can 350 pistons be used with 400 rods to keep the pistons inside the deck? 3.75 stroke, 5.565 rods, .030 350 replacement pistons...anyone know the expected deck height w/unmolested block?

If an sbc has a 9.025 deck height and stock deck clearance is .025, pin to deck height would be 1.56" and if a replacement flat top was to keep the same deck clearance it too would have a 1. 56" pin to deck measurement. 375/2 = 1.875 + 5.565 + 1.56 = 9 >> 9.025 - 9 = .025 deck clearance, correct?
              Yes. 350 pistons, and turn the mains down to 350 size (and a little balancing because the 350 pistons are probably lighter than the 400 pistons) and you've got a 383. No need to worry about compression height or pay extra for a custom height, the stock compression height is fine for a low buck 383.

3.75 stroke
              -3.48 stroke
              ------------
              0.27"

5.7 rod
              -5.565 rod
              ----------
              x 2 (bottom and top of stroke)
              --------------
              0.27"

This is why I still have a stock 400 crank and rods in the garage - so I can make a 383 some day.
              For a mild street car, there is NOTHING wrong with using the short rods. An inexpensive rod bolt upgrade is all the rods are getting, and that's mostly because one of the rod bolts is stripped and I can't imagine not replacing all 16 of them with upgraded bolts when 1 stock one has already failed.
              Last edited by yellomalibu; November 21, 2013, 05:32 AM.

Comment

Santa came yesterday, and brought me a steering column!

Thank you SBG!

Comment

hope it works for you, sorry for taking so long to get it out the door.
                  Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

No love for the Nailhead?

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                      No love for the Nailhead?

Dan
                      if I had a buick, or a rod, I'd be on my way.. hell if I had the room, but at the moment all the extra space has construction supplies in it..

Comment

Originally posted by OHC 6 Sprint View Post
                        I have a single Chevy SS wheel from a 1970 SS El Camino, Chevelle, etc. I can provide factory codes, date codes, whatever. If I recall it's an "A" code wheel. It is not restored, but it's iin really good condition.

Free to a good home with shipping paid, or pick up in the greater Los Angeles area. Send me a PM or an e-mail to:

Sprint.OHC6 at G Mail.

I also have a pair of 7029202 carbs in good condition, but needing a rebuild.
                        Originally posted by BOOOGHAR View Post
                        As a follow up to this, here's the code:

M1/0 1 7 A O

From what I've gathered, this is an A O code wheel from 1970, made on January 7, 1970, in the Michigan wheel plant. (M1)

It comes with a nice looking Firestone StratoStreak78 tire (bias belted) in G78-14 size. The wheel has a decent trim ring and is 14x7 with a center cap. I would guess that FedEx would want close to $100 east of the Mississippi, and just a little less in the west. And, as previously stated, it's available for pick up in the Greater Los Angeles area.

Comment

My ex is still available.

She's askin' me to fix the exhaust on her Escape... somebody please take her off my hands before i cave and get nasty dirty for no payback......... I'll throw in the cost of the donuts.

Happy Thanksgivin to all...
                          Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

Does it still feel like you're together? You know, still working on her stuff and no sex. LMAO. Happt T day
                            Originally posted by oldsman496 View Post
                            My ex is still available.

She's askin' me to fix the exhaust on her Escape... somebody please take her off my hands before i cave and get nasty dirty for no payback......... I'll throw in the cost of the donuts.

Happy Thanksgivin to all...
                            STUGOTS

Comment

back to giveaways -
                              What we have is an obsolete Holley carb. It sounds like it's valuable, but it's not - it's a late 60s Holley spreadbore carb that came on BB GM vehicles, probably a Corvette.

it's certainly rebuildable, and the base plate doesn't seem to need bushings.... but it's a free Holley carb, so if it does.... I have a complaint department where you can lodge your complaints.

Merry Christmas

Comment

and also.... pictures to come later

I have some Buick 350 heads. They have the GS valves, and mild porting..... I think they ran just long enough for the guy to say "what do you mean I have to prime the oil pump?" It ate the bottom end, but the heads look pretty fresh.

Comment

Working...
                                X