Pic of the Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 67 Fairlane 434 ci/464 hp/488 tq-RIP
    05 GTO torrid red/red gut, LS2, Auto (my knees hurt!)

Comment

• Phil / Omaha

Comment

• penobscot bangor maine
        feb 4 2016
        50+F
        Click image for larger version

Name:	River_warmw.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	509.1 KB
ID:	1084593
        Previously boxer3main
        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

• Microsoft free 3d builder. This pc makes it seem simple. I upgraded today to ECC, 8gb dual channel. Identical speed to something called "pc17000". I learned it is the fastest in the world as of now.
          The ECC and I go back 8 years. Won't do anything without it..

anyway, here is a benz crank v8 engine, just for fun..

Name:	v8benz.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	183.2 KB
ID:	1085579
          Previously boxer3main

Comment

• I feel lucky to remember these days.

Name:	1970-front-row.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	355.0 KB
ID:	1085699
            Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	v8benz4.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	1085876

I guess this is art...
              somehow.
              Previously boxer3main

Comment

• Day trip pics:

Driving through the mountains we noticed this helicopter ferrying telephone poles (probably used, being replaced by steel ones in a fire-danger area), and stopped to watch.

Coming down from the top of the hills into the bottom of the valley, he placed the lower end of the pole at the foot of a stack of ones already there, then pivoted around and gently laid it down on top of the stack...it took some maneuvering around to get the far end aligned and it seemed like there were some dicey moments, but he got it perfect. Then a guy on the ground released his strap and he was off again. I've been interested lately in how helicopter controls function...collective, cyclic, and foot pedals and it was fun to see it all operate in a situation different than just taking off or flying straight over head like we normally see them.

Remember "Pick-Up Sticks"? Try that with telephone poles and an aircraft, next to live power lines

If you are familiar with the history of southeast California's Salton Sea (which I've occasionally written about here), you know why the local dump would have a policy specifically involving dead fish. Yep, they take 'em...bring a truckload if you want.

Hiking in the wilderness you may see stacked-rock "ducks" to mark trails, and it's sometimes the same for off-road paths. I guess this is the factory where they actually make the things, stored for where they may be needed...

It was eighty degrees in portions of So. Cal. yesterday, if anybody back east wants to trade me a box of cold air for some warm sunshine, let me know.

Last edited by Loren; February 14, 2016, 10:12 AM.

Comment

• Neat pictures ! Its -7 at my house right now about an hour north of NYC.

Comment

• Trying to keep up with the flow of traffic on the Autostrada...

Name:	160kph.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	1086521

Comment

• I'll hoard my local 17 below. No trades.

Name:	cold16.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	312.8 KB
ID:	1086527

drove around at 0-3F all day. Amazing to think nothing of it.
                      the ball bearing heater fan was a must...got all the tips and tricks in place anyway.
                      Previously boxer3main

Comment

• The best place for snow......way off in the distance.
                        A rainstorm last night cleared the air and mountains to the north of Barcelona were visible, usually they´re hidden behind mucky air.
                        300 tele lens, hand held, taken from roof of the house.

Comment

• this may be another weather record for my location.
                          A gain of 62 degrees in about 30 hours.

the south wind has my windows smashed with rain..really moving right now. I saw 49.5F a minute ago..

Name:	DSC01640w.jpg
Size:	323.3 KB
ID:	1086786

Name:	DSC01646w.jpg
Size:	283.4 KB
ID:	1086787
                          Last edited by Barry Donovan; February 16, 2016, 05:39 PM.
                          Previously boxer3main

Comment

• Found this on a local used car lot. Missouri hasn't used those red license plates since 1997. The registration stickers are from 1984. 350 badges on the front fenders, bench seat, 4 speed and plenty of patina (aka rust) Click image for larger version

Name:	20160214_134449.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	243.7 KB
ID:	1086835

Name:	20160214_134417.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	211.0 KB
ID:	1086834
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by pats91; February 16, 2016, 10:50 PM.

Comment

• You did buy it....right?
                              Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                              If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

• I'm eith Perry. If you didn't buy it please pass along the info.
                                Visit my sons blog:
                                www.driftundertheradar.com

Comment

Working...
                                X