Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

YOU SHOULD NOT BE WELDING ANYTHING!!!...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YOU SHOULD NOT BE WELDING ANYTHING!!!...

Anybody have any stories or pics of unbelievable welding failures to convey to the troops? A very good old friend of the family called and asked if I might weld a crack in a frame of a four wheeler he had bought for his grandson. He'd been riding for awhile before his son-n-law noticed it. Of course was my reply, and I could only wonder if it was in an attainable spot or if they would have disassembled it to where I could access it, would it be greasy? When it rolled into my shop, this is what I saw... Mind you...he said crack... Elephantman was making his way to the other side... And all this work will be done for what???
    Attached Files

Holllllly Sheit! Best buy another frame!

Comment

Or buy another Quad. Man thats awful.

Comment

terrible casting. the one quick streak of the orignal weld seam is a hint.. the other is the coating making it look higher grade than it is not.

no worse than "weldable boron" (bmw and subaru - old).
        A mig can caress it, but that looks stick.
        Previously boxer3main
        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
          Holllllly Sheit! Best buy another frame!
          But after pondering it, it is respect to your skills... For them to think you can perform miracles.. Like your bug...

Comment

yeah, that looks like stick welding by a palsy shaker. kinda like me an my mig. Grind it back down and fabricate new thicker gussets... if your cost conscience.
            Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

that looks like barnacles are growing on the side
              Hellinor- 2005 Mustang GT-Bolt ons, in need of a turbo

War Wagon- 1966 Bel Air Wagon-355 Crate motor, 700r4, flies pretty good for a brick...

Comment

Looks like a Chinese mig with no gas on 110v to me.......got a buddy who snagged one of those for free, real proud of it- his welds look similar. It broke shortly after so no danger of him "welding" too many menacing things. It's actually kind of impressive. I never realized stacking boogers could be done to that extent. Bravo!
                Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

time to break out the magic wand buddy! can't wait to see the after pix...
                  Patrick & Tammy
                  - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

somewhere, somebody's mom is Pissed about all the missing coathangers. Gack.
                    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

I didn't know rust could BE welded.
                      http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

Originally posted by 68scott385 View Post
                        I didn't know rust could BE welded.
                        clearly, it can't.
                        Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Where's Barry, that shit is no comparison to what he can do.
                          The Green Machine.
                          http://s1.postimg.org/40t9i583j/mytruck.jpg

Comment

Here's a good reason to get rid of all warning labels and signs. It wouldn't take long for the problem to solve it's self

Comment

wow, just freaking wow. I think a brain damaged chimp could do a better job.
                              If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Working...
                              X