ImpalaSam's project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ImpalaSam's project

Ok I feel like I have finally made enough progress on the Impala for it to be thread worthy.

A little history. I bought the car in '87, a real Impala SS with a 283/glide, p/s and a/c. I have been able to store it indoors for all these years which has preserved it well. There is very little rust or body damage, just the pass fender was wrinkled when I bought it.

Two years ago I started a frame off which involved a ton of scrapin off undercoating but very little rust repair was needed.
    The body is back on and I finally have got the engine/tranny back in tonight. Same ole 283 but now with a 4-speed. I have already swapped out the 10-bolt for a 12 and added 4.11 gears and a posi.

Here is my photobucket album: http://photobucket.com/Sams_Impala

And hopefully here is a picture.

Re: ImpalaSam's project

cool car, more pictures please
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

22 years and you still have it? I don't even have the wife I had 22 years ago. LOL. Glad to see you're getting closer...

Nik

Comment

Totally bitchin project. Although, I'm prejudiced in favor of more Impala's, especially 65's. ;D
        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

more pics, more pics, more pics, more pics, more pics, more pics......
          If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY2
            more pics, more pics, more pics, more pics, more pics, more pics......
            x2
            Hauling ass & sucking gas are the best uses for a truck.

Comment

Originally posted by Nik
              22 years and you still have it? I don't even have the wife I had 22 years ago. LOL. Glad to see you're getting closer...

Nik

What can I say the man has priorities.

Steve
              Well I have stopped buying stuff for cars I don't own. Is that a step in the right or wrong direction?

Comment

I tend to keep cars a long time, I buy what I want and then keep it. I've had my GN since '88. Buying that is what
                made the Impala project so long term. I only have the budget for one hot rod.

Here is a pic of the engine after we got it in. My daughter likes taking pictures so I hope to get more photos of my progress, I always forget to take them while working. I wish I had some pics of the frame and engine before but we
                didn't have a digital camera them.

Comment

Maybe, if you weren't fixing your friends cars for free you would have this thing done by now!

Comment

I got a little bit done the last couple of nights.

Made up some clutch linkage, still needs adusting but not too far off.

Installed the shifter tonight. Maybe I can get more done since I am mostly out of the engineering stage and on to assembly.

Comment

Is that a factory tab on the frame for the z-bar? Looks good, real good.
                      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

nice z-bar....
                        I like how you stick with it for ages...
                        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Holy sanitary Batman...very cnice work man, cannot wait to see more
                          If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

I have been thinking about doing rod-ends on the z-bar/linkages this winter when I convert my car to a man-tans this winter.
                            Very, very nice!

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick
                              Is that a factory tab on the frame for the z-bar? Looks good, real good.
                              All the frames had the pad to mount the z bar bracket. I bought mine from Classic Industries and had my exhaust guy weld it on for me.

Sam, I'd really like to know where you got your z bar/ rod setup. That's very cool.
                              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X