The Kohler Super 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Kohler Super 7

You definitely get the award for daring to be different with this project. Very cool.
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I have had a fetish for these little rippers since I first saw one as a kid...

A turbo'd version can be faster than a frickin' Bugatti Veyron.

drop a screamin' small-block into it, and keep your mouth shut, 'cause the bugs dont taste very good!

My Dad is doing an incredible donut in his Caterham CSR260WITHOUT THE HOOD TO GET A BETTER SOUND!

Comment

Great project, I will keep an eye on this . Now you got me wanting to buy the Ron Champion book

Comment

I found this today--- the thread started by Barry on the build

The instructors and students did one hell of a job!!!!!!

Comment

It's a damn shame the Administrators pulled the plug on this. I guess "they" just don't get it. This may be the most significant thing many of these kids will do in their HS career and now they've had the rug pulled out from under them. Luke, I hope you share the progress with the kids as you can. My offer to help/do the paint was genuine.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes
              It's a damn shame the Administrators pulled the plug on this. I guess "they" just don't get it. This may be the most significant thing many of these kids will do in their HS career and now they've had the rug pulled out from under them. Luke, I hope you share the progress with the kids as you can. My offer to help/do the paint was genuine.

Dan

I'm also up for head, and intake porting, and anything else I can help with.
              Just get em to Seth, I can handle the rest.

Comment

Thanks for the offers, guys. The engine will probably stay as is... ;D
                Okay, it probably won't. A little turbo or a cam will find its' way into
                the I-6 before too long. As far as paint--- Dan, once we have figured
                out the body, we would love to have you and M.E. down for a visit.
                You and I can do some body work and the girls can browse the WS
                downtown boutiques, art openings, etc.

Comment

I hope those rod ends on the lower control arms are bigger than they look, because they scare the crap out of me.
                  Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                  1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                  1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                  1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                  1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                  1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Sounds like fun. If ME comes we'll have to check her dance card carefully - she gets booked up a lot. I'm guessing this may take a while.

Dan

Originally posted by BetterWithBoost
                    Thanks for the offers, guys. The engine will probably stay as is... ;D
                    Okay, it probably won't. A little turbo or a cam will find its' way into
                    the I-6 before too long. As far as paint--- Dan, once we have figured
                    out the body, we would love to have you and M.E. down for a visit.
                    You and I can do some body work and the girls can browse the WS
                    downtown boutiques, art openings, etc.

Comment

You'll have a load of fun when you're done with this !

Looking forward to tracking your progress.

The Administration didn't have a dime in this project, the instructors funded it....... well..... because were going to auto-x and track the car when it was done.

Comment

Good to see you here, Barry!(FB#1) There's a whole bunch of quality gearheads,
                        projects and fun on this site. I'm sure you'll fit right in. I should be picking up the
                        car this weekend... I'm so excited! First order of business is giving a good wipe-down
                        and applying some primer to keep the frame from rusting. Then onto the important
                        decision of chassis color.... Hmmm..........

Comment

Well, the 7 is home... not at my home right now, but "home"(@ neighbor's garage)
                          Big thanks to Barry and his kickass students for helping me roll it around and onto
                          the trailer. The goal this weekend is de-greasing the chassis and putting some high
                          temp engine primer on it. I may have chosen a color for the frame, as well...  ;D

Either the Daytona Yellow or Grabber Green. I think with the body being mostly
                          aluminum, these two would really make the frame "pop". The roll cage is going
                          to be slightly shortened, plugged and welded back to the main frame.

Pics to follow this weekend...

Comment

i saw the term "welded". does that mean its on its way to my house? lol.

Comment

Where do you live? I have a couple of spots on the cage in the Buzz Bomb that we missed when we built it. They'll be a stinker to get to but a decent weldor (read "not me") could fix that in no time (I think). If necessary, we can drill a couple of plugs out of the roof with a hole saw and then weld 'em back in. Anyhow, if you're within towing distance I'd love to hire you for the job. Luke and Seth say you're a wizard.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes
                                Where do you live? I have a couple of spots on the cage in the Buzz Bomb that we missed when we built it. They'll be a stinker to get to but a decent weldor (read "not me") could fix that in no time (I think). If necessary, we can drill a couple of plugs out of the roof with a hole saw and then weld 'em back in. Anyhow, if you're within towing distance I'd love to hire you for the job. Luke and Seth say you're a wizard.

Dan
                                Josh is unfortunately in NW Ohio. If and WHEN he comes down to see Gretta and I, we may
                                give him directions to your house. He is a great weldor and could have you fixed up in no time.

UPDATE: The K7 has been wiped down with Wax & Tar Remover and is safe in a garage. I'll
                                be scuffing it this week for next weekend's primer session. Seth also found me an electronic
                                distributor for $130, so that is taken care of. After looking at the frame over the engine, I've
                                decided there are going to be a couple small scallops for clearance over the oil cap and for the
                                tach, but overall it should be very smooth and pretty. I'm leaning pretty heavily towards the
                                Grabber Green for the frame and bare aluminum for the hood... ;D ;D ;D

Comment

Working...
                                X