No announcement yet.

69 Catalina Rescue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, those are nice! I also like the Corvette or Monte Carlo style rally wheels, even though it's not a Chevy. I still think they would look really good on there. Whatever it will probably be dictated by cost, meaning whatever I can find a smokin' deal on ;)

Comment

My '67 Catalina was 5x5 - I think only the big Chevys ever ran 5x4.75.

Cool score btw.

Comment

Did a little cleaning and inspection today. Opened up the hood and blew out all the acorns, mouse turds, and pine needles so I could see whats underneath. Then I sprayed it down with Castrol Super Clean and hosed it off. It's a big inprovement and I can see whats there. The 2bbl carb is full of rats nest and acorns, so I'm going to take that off and clean it out. You never know, it might actually work without rebuilding. I pulled out the front bench seat so i could take out the nasty carpet and see whats under it. Its pretty rust free, found a couple of really small holes in the driver side rear seat pan. That'll be real easy to take care of with Por 15. Overall, not bad at all. The worst thing is the oil pan, it's smashed in so repairing it is out. I'm going to have to pull the engine to replace it. Ughh. I didn't want to do that.
        Attached Files

Comment

You might not have to pull it. I can get the pans off my F and A bodies by pulling the mount bolts then lifting the engine. Pull the distributor cap so you dont break it. Its not like a chevy where you have problems with the front cover, it all unbolts easy and the four end bolts are slightly bigger than the others.

Looks like a decent car, should make a damn nice cruiser.

Comment

this would be a very cool cruiser.

it could be built into a cruiser or a screamer. the '69 400 would make a solid foundation.AND, there is noyhing like the feel of a big car on yhe road....

Comment

this would be a very cool cruiser.

it could be built into a cruiser or a screamer. the '69 400 would make a solid foundation.AND, there is nothing like the feel of a big car on the road....

Comment

I have a 69 400 and 428 and a (71 455 needs 4 sleeves ) under the bench...... I'm currently building a 428 for my 68 Firebird
                61 Olds 88, 69 Plymouth Roadrunner, 68 Pontiac Firebird, 95 Buick Roadmaster LT1

Comment

I just scored some Keystone Klassics with rubber off of Craigslist for $200. Looks pretty cool! You can see the one bad bondo spot by the rear wheel well. Don't know whats under there yet.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by mrocketscience; May 16, 2012, 04:20 PM.

Comment

$200 for rims and tires. Nice score! I'm thinking I paid $50/rim for brand new Keystones in the mid-70s.
                    Michael from Hampton Roads

Comment

What a difference wheels and tires make! Sure looks like you have one enormous piece of bondo getting ready to fall off that quarter panel - hopefully there's good - just bent - metal underneath you can work out closer to the final shape than the last guy.
                      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Yeah, looks like about a half gallon O Bondo on there. I'm curious about whats under there, but I'll wait a bit before I dig all that out. 1st up is getting it running, then we'll take a look at it. I hope it can be pulled out. Wish I had more free time. Between working extra hours at work, the 57 wagon, this thing, the Mustang needing the rear end fixed, and now all day Saturday is a gig at a car show, I don't know how I get anything done. LOL! I guess it's all self induced... At least MrsRocketscience is OK with it, she thinks the Catalina is for her (wink)..

Comment

I would not have thought Keystones would look good on there...to me ther is a certain type of car they only look good on..but I have to say, they look bitchin'
                          Last edited by JOES66FURY; May 17, 2012, 10:06 AM.
                          If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Normally I hate those wheels, but somehow they look great on that two tone Cat. Sweet score. I think I will hit up CL up here to find some rims to hold stuff up.

Comment

Wow! great score. Those wheel really make that car! Couldn't pick a much better wheel for that car if you tried. That nails it.
                              Tom
                              Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
                                I would not have thought Keystones would look good on there...to me ther is a certain type of car they only look good on..but I have to say, they look bitchin'
                                There was a time when I would have said the same thing... but after the gold plated 24" wire buggy wheels ending up on every classic around here, I'm loving them here!
                                Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Working...
                                X