No announcement yet.

My 67 Chevelle 300

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool on the Buick alternator It sounds like a gear box issue on the power assist.
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

• Gear box from a wrecked car? Might been a wheel hit or a very hard slap on a curb.. Derby cars get hit on the wheels to disable them, that is usually why it wont turn one way or the other.. I'd guess while wheel was turned right, the wheel got smacked.. (straightened or overturned)

Comment

• This chapter has come to an end. I sold the Chevelle yesterday. Sad to see it go, glad to be free from it so I can move on to another cool car. I'll have to wait a bit since I will probably be moving in the fall and I don't want to move a project. I'll be selling my 88 Chevy truck also and that plus the Chevelle proceeds will generate a nice starting point for the next one.

The coolest part of the deal is that I sold it to a six-lover who appreciates what it is and will not tear it apart. Even better, he is close personal friends with Leo Santucci, the author of the bible on hot Chevy six engines.

I loved that car, and had lots of fun with it. But I'll never be able to have more cool cars if I kept it forever. Moving on.
        1967 Chevelle 300 2 Door Post. No factory options. 250 ci inline six with lump-ported head, big valves, Offy intake and 500cfm Edelbrock carb.

Comment

• Those are always a tough call. I'll miss it on here - but don't YOU be a stranger!

I have a bunch of cool stuff for a 250 (forged pistons & rods, cams, intake, etc) so if you decide on another six give a shout!

Dan

Comment

• Originally posted by 67pete300 View Post
            This chapter has come to an end. I sold the Chevelle yesterday. Sad to see it go, glad to be free from it so I can move on to another cool car. I'll have to wait a bit since I will probably be moving in the fall and I don't want to move a project. I'll be selling my 88 Chevy truck also and that plus the Chevelle proceeds will generate a nice starting point for the next one.

The coolest part of the deal is that I sold it to a six-lover who appreciates what it is and will not tear it apart. Even better, he is close personal friends with Leo Santucci, the author of the bible on hot Chevy six engines.

I loved that car, and had lots of fun with it. But I'll never be able to have more cool cars if I kept it forever. Moving on.
            Great attitude.

I, too, am glad it went to a 6 lover. So many cars were automatically V8'd (new term?) that now I really appreciate seeing an original 6 or even a 4 cylinder in an old car.

Comment

Working...
            X