Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ford Remote Starter Solenoid Amp Draw

Howdy,

Does anyone have a good number for the amp draw on the typical Ford style remote starter solenoid? Need to wire in a relay as the neutral safety switch is now on the transmission and I'd rather not run any more wires through the firewall. To be clear this is the trigger side of the solenoid, not the main power lead to the starter.

30A?
    40A?

Thanks
    Central TEXAS Sleeper
    USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Originally posted by CTX-SLPR View Post
    Howdy,

Does anyone have a good number for the amp draw on the typical Ford style remote starter solenoid? Need to wire in a relay as the neutral safety switch is now on the transmission and I'd rather not run any more wires through the firewall. To be clear this is the trigger side of the solenoid, not the main power lead to the starter.

30A?
    40A?
    ori
    Thanks
    I don't have an exact number but on my junk the trigger wire is no bigger than 14 gauge (probably more like 16 gauge) so the amperage can't be much higher than 15 amps.

Comment

Between 1.5 and 2 amps.
      Well I have stopped buying stuff for cars I don't own. Is that a step in the right or wrong direction?

Comment

Can I high jack this? I just installed a mini starter on my mustang. I ran a new positive cable from the battery to the power lug on the starter and hooked the old starter wire (+/-4ga.) from the starter solenoid to the small post. In my mind it's a draw so you can over wire it. Any reason I should replace it with a smaller trigger wire?

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
        1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
        ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Russell View Post
          Can I high jack this? I just installed a mini starter on my mustang. I ran a new positive cable from the battery to the power lug on the starter and hooked the old starter wire (+/-4ga.) from the starter solenoid to the small post. In my mind it's a draw so you can over wire it. Any reason I should replace it with a smaller trigger wire?
          You're welcome to come look at Stanger's set up. I don't recall wire sizes anymore but it's been working for years w/o issue. And you can pick up the pile of parts I'm accumulating for you.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post

You're welcome to come look at Stanger's set up. I don't recall wire sizes anymore but it's been working for years w/o issue. And you can pick up the pile of parts I'm accumulating for you.

Dan
            Thanks Dan! Not sure when I will be able to get down there, I am sure as soon as the weather gets a little warmer I will need to see the sand and the waves.
            http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
            1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
            ​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
            X