Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Brian - TH350 thingy-- the one that snapped

I called my trans rebuilder buddy...

That thingy that snapped off is called the 'kickdown detente' or something like that...

Like you thought, it will drive normally, except when you mash it to pass or accelerate: it may be fine, with the 'mod' (the new bend) if you are able to adjust the tension at the carb end of the kickdown cable.

Worst case, it won't downshift right, and he said you should be able to pop off the pan, undo something, and pop it out. Any transmission shop should have them sitting on the shelf for a couple bucks.

He did sound surprised that it snapped when bending, as its hardened steel. So apparently all your time at the gym is paying off there, Mr. Hercules.
    Yes, I'm a CarJunkie... How many times would YOU rebuild the same engine before getting a crate motor?

broke thingies? sounds painful
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

You can pull the detent cable out with out removing the pan it will work fine with out ti but will not have passing gear automaticaly. on the hot rods we don't run them often we cut the cable housing and seal up the end.

Comment

If it's just the detent/kick down cable, any parts store will likely have it on the shelf for $20.
        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Yeah, I think we're OK. The factory bend on the detent arm in the trans had a weirdo shape that my new kickdown cable didn't like, so we cut it and made a 90 degree hook in it, attacked the cable and bolted it in.
          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Working...
          X