We want dates & locations!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CDMBill View Post
    I hate to say this but location does matter to me. A East Coast location about doubles the cost of the event due to time off work and the expense of getting the heap to the starting point. I'd love the Southwest or Midwest, but 3000 miles each way begins to put the damper on things.
    ya feel that, us east guys know all to well.. maybe one year they'll split it.. two starts, one in midwest and end in kansas(or any other centered area in america) and another start that starts on the east and ends at same track.. so "getting there" doesn't take 1/4 of the vaca time.. I'd think it alllow more to do it.. D/F hot rod staff at one end ,you west coast guys can have them, and us on the east will take the car craft gang..

Comment

I hate to say this but location does matter to me. A East Coast location about doubles the cost of the event due to time off work and the expense of getting the heap to the starting point. I'd love the Southwest or Midwest, but 3000 miles each way begins to put the damper on things.
      I understand Bill, mainly tongue in cheek when I said that. This year is about as far west as I could afford time/money wise.

Would probably take the same week off and drive my car everyday 3-4 hours helping random strangers broke down by the road..
      Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

I have always felt Ohio is pretty far East, I feel for you Bill bu not enough to want to run in Cali
        Last edited by JeffMcKC; December 12, 2011, 08:04 AM.
        2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
        First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
        2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
        2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Originally posted by Stich496 View Post
          ya feel that, us east guys know all to well.. maybe one year they'll split it.. two starts, one in midwest and end in kansas(or any other centered area in america) and another start that starts on the east and ends at same track.. so "getting there" doesn't take 1/4 of the vaca time.. I'd think it alllow more to do it.. D/F hot rod staff at one end ,you west coast guys can have them, and us on the east will take the car craft gang..
          I like the idea! Meeting in the middle for a final show down

Why does the East get the Car Craft guys? Hot Rod does the Power Tour and most Drag Week's well east of the Rockies. At least the CC Anti-Tour is a west coast thing.
          Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

completely agree.. the drive to drag week would not be bad but a long drive home after 6days on the road would suck especally if you broke.. A big reason we made it last year was becuase it was local. Hope to next year but if its more then 12 hours away it will be a serious discussion.
            2011- street race BBPA winner
            80 malibu BBC F3 procharger

Comment

It was tough............we were around 11Hours one way to start. But we blew a tire on the trailer on the way down. But the drive down pailed in comparison to the ride home. After that long of a week, to drive that distance home sucks!!!
              Team Clueless
              1st Place SB/NA DW12
              2nd Place SB/NA DW11
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
                I like the idea! Meeting in the middle for a final show down

Why does the East get the Car Craft guys? Hot Rod does the Power Tour and most Drag Week's well east of the Rockies. At least the CC Anti-Tour is a west coast thing.
                no reason.. just an idea.. "well east of the rockies", isn't all that east..
                same with the powertour.. maybe for the 20th anv. they can have 4 starts fromr the 4 corners that all meat in the center.. there has to be a spot of farm land big enough to park all those cars..

Comment

Mine was a 15hrs drive each way... I blew a tire on the way home.. Sucked.
                  Neal

Comment

<<<<< taps foot impatiently.....
                    Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                    1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                    1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                    1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                    1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                    1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

1800 miles each way was far this year but 2800 to Indiana in '09 was worse. At least I wasn't driving/towing alone that year. I really want to make it next year so hoping it doesn't go further East than Indiana. I'm not sure how far I want to drive solo...as many have said, the drive home after the wonderfully exhausting week is tough!

somewhat related for Norcal ---Jan 16th - Infineon Raceway is looking to do chassis certifications and have a Test n Tune.
                      Rich

Drag Week Survivor 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 - 2nd Place - Pro Street N/A, 2017

Comment

All seven Drag Weeks have been the next week after Labor Day. So, even though there is no guarantee they'll do it then again, I put in my vacation request for September 10th-14th. I've found it's easier to move scheduled days off than add them.
                        D R A G - W E E K - '05 - '06 - '07 - '08 - '09 - '10 - '11 - '12 - '13 - '14 - '15 - '16 - '17

Comment

DF says the event broke even this year so the future is good financially.
                          Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Tell him to get the Dates and Rulesout early, it will grow even more. Profit is related to beer drunk on the trip. He should get Corona as a Sponcer
                            2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                            First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                            2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                            2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Vacation time already planned and Ok, by wife and work. Glad to hear was at least break even this year. Hopefully they can keep it up.
                              Neal

Comment

Originally posted by JeffMcKC View Post
                                Tell him to get the Dates and Rulesout early, it will grow even more. Profit is related to beer drunk on the trip. He should get Corona as a Sponcer
                                WURD!!!

Just so long as I don't end up at Baby Dolls again. I think I got married that night.......
                                Team Clueless
                                1st Place SB/NA DW12
                                2nd Place SB/NA DW11
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X