Things I am pondering today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Things I am pondering today

Could be HR is getting cheaper or Beech Bend may want too much? Maybe as it gets closer they will work something out.

I just got something in the mail today, I've had this guy do four of these for me. They're 12x12 granite tiles with the artwork etched into them. This one is a shot of turn 8a at Laguna Seca that was taken of my 54 Chevy, and we substituted our new Mustang into the shot. The picture doesn't do it justice, this guy's work is amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon
      Could be HR is getting cheaper or Beech Bend may want too much? Maybe as it gets closer they will work something out.

I just got something in the mail today, I've had this guy do four of these for me. They're 12x12 granite tiles with the artwork etched into them. This one is a shot of turn 8a at Laguna Seca that was taken of my 54 Chevy, and we substituted our new Mustang into the shot. The picture doesn't do it justice, this guy's work is amazing.

Nice stuff Leon. Do you hang them on the wall or put them in a curio cabinet or how do you display them ?
      Phil / Omaha

Comment

I've got them on the wall in the living room.

Comment

Hell....I'd be tiling the bathroom with those.
          I think the resale on the house might be a bit of an issue, but to each their own.

Phil-
          I may have to take you up on that offer!

At the same rate, I plan on having a Fence keg party this summer.
          I buy 2 kegs, all the meterials to build a fence, and hopefully the team can build a fence in a semi straight line.
          Andrew
          1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
          2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn
            How is that really different than where Noah built his Ark (Racine)?
            Seems that Great Lakes Dragway was a few miles from the venue and it worked out fairly well - both years (if I remember correctly).
            Amen - no scratch on Racine, but GLD is more of a carjunkie space and I would have loved to have spent all day there 8)
            a.k.a. - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

Originally posted by arrowhead
              How is that really different than where Noah built his Ark (Racine)?
              Seems that Great Lakes Dragway was a few miles from the venue and it worked out fairly well - both years (if I remember correctly).
              Amen - no scratch on Racine, but GLD is more of a carjunkie space and I would have loved to have spent all day there 8)
              Well Tom, you will just have to drive a little faster so you can spend more time there the next time :

Comment

Originally posted by Eliteman76
                Hell....I'd be tiling the bathroom with those.
                I think the resale on the house might be a bit of an issue, but to each their own.

Phil-
                I may have to take you up on that offer!

At the same rate, I plan on having a Fence keg party this summer.
                I buy 2 kegs, all the meterials to build a fence, and hopefully the team can build a fence in a semi straight line.
                Are you going to try any sanding before giving it to the body shop ?
                Have keg (I mean hammer) will travel. You must need a big fence for 2 kegs - let me know.
                Phil / Omaha

Comment

Phil, yeah, I need like to do a 25 x 25 foot L shaped section on the north side of the house, and then I want to say 85 foot x 50 foot x 15 foot C shape from the north end of the yard on the back of the house, on a hill, then swing to the front on the south side of the house.
                  I'd much rather build my shop, but Power tour + paint = no garage this year.

As far as blocking, I need to do the 220g the roof, and the hood, doors, quarters and deck lid are getting a 320 and 400 scrub in prep for the shop.
                  I'm going nuts because my car is in Fremont in safe keeping, and my POS 1973 GTS is in the garage so I don't have to worry about the thing getting towed. I really wish they guy I sold it to would get the thing picked up. :

Then maybe I could spend some time blocking it out in my crackerjack sized box of a 1 car garage.
                  Could be worse...her I am priming it in my driveway. EPA, I live um...somewhere.

Andrew

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

yep - sounds like a 2 kegger, 2 day job - rent a power auger too - only way to go -
                    Phil / Omaha

Comment

Andrew, I bet your neighbors love you. ;D
                      It's not the destination, but the journey and the friends you make along the way that counts.

Comment

That paint booth would never make it in California..And I don't want to be your neighbor either..But how did it come out??
                        I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

that would blow away up here
                          2007 Power Tour Long Haul
                          2008 Power Tour Long Haul
                          2009 Canadian Points East Tour
                          2009 Power Tour Michigan Stop
                          2011 Power Tour Muskegeon & Detroit Stops
                          2012 Power Tour Long Haul
                          2012 Northeast Rod Run
                          2013 Northeast Rod Run

Comment

LOL, actually, my neighbors all were like "Hey, that's a good idea, keeps the dust down".

I have a high concentration of car folk in my neighborhood...hell, even one of the cops that patrols the area gave me a thumbs up. Helps waving every time I see them. ;D

She's not done yet. :-\ Going to the body shop around 3 weeks. ;D
                            Andrew

Comment

Shouldn't I know better by now? ??? :'(

I guess I do know better but continue to con myself into believing what they tell be because I want the part!
                              So this weekend I am going to be making a little clearance in my radiator support so that the 3 1/2" tanks will fit in a 3 1/2" mount. In fairness - the tanks are 3 1/2" wide BEFORE they are welded.

I guess I should quit snivelling, afterall how hard is it going to be to find an additional 3/16" in a tubular steel enclosure? :'(

Comment

Shouldn't I know better by now? ??? :'(

I guess I do know better but continue to con myself into believing what they tell be because I want the part!
                                So this weekend I am going to be making a little clearance in my radiator support so that the 3 1/2" tanks will fit in a 3 1/2" mount. In fairness - the tanks are 3 1/2" wide BEFORE they are welded.

I guess I should quit snivelling, afterall how hard is it going to be to find an additional 3/16" in a tubular steel enclosure? :'(
                                You just need a bigger hammer!

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
                                1966 Plymouth Fury III
                                2014 Dodge Ram 1500
                                Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
                                Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

Working...
                                X