No announcement yet.

Things I am pondering today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why the hell can't companies actually follow ISO 9000 quality controls and box the correct parts.
    Only took 8 sources to find the correct throwout bearing for my transmission in the GTS.

Figures it took hitting up my local small town parts place, that had a USA made SKF bearing with 4" of dust on the box. 8th time is the charm!

*The Joys of staying with factory mechanical linkage*
    Andrew
    1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
    2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

• Did you try wrong auto? That's what Josh on youtube calls it. World of Wheels is the 2-4th. Haven't gone in a few years. IDK if I will this time or not. Several youtubers camp at the NASCAR race in KC in May. Maybe I should go hang out with them. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCOU-eyX4PU&t=5s
      Last edited by stu yoakam; January 24, 2024, 04:57 AM.

Comment

• Started seeing seven digit license plates locally. I don't like it. Too hard to read or remember if you had to.

Comment

• Originally posted by stu yoakam View Post
          Started seeing seven digit license plates locally. I don't like it. Too hard to read or remember if you had to.
          Soooo - that should work in your favor!

Comment

• I have seen six and seven. Maybe the sevens are special or just samples? IDK. They claim the printed plates are easier to read. We had the stamped ones for decades without a problem. I would think simpler plates that are printed would be easier to counterfeit.

Comment

• Is anyone watching Sick Week coverage? I have not been.

Comment

Is anyone watching Sick Week coverage? I have not been.
                We went to the track yesterday.
                I R Bob
                You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

• I've been watching all week.
                  Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                  HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• If you go to Lost Wages for the Big Game, you can visit Count's Kustoms and Vegas Rat Rods. Count's twitter says they are having a sale on Big Game tattoos at their parlor. Also boxes at the game are only $1.8 million dollars.

Comment

Boxes at the game are only $1.8 million dollars.

Comment

• Whoever decided to put stainless caps on Lugnuts needs to have their Lugnuts crushed in a vice! And God help the person who rotated the wheels on my new work truck before I got a hold of it…. Using a 2 foot breaker bar an extension pipe I had to apply over 600 foot pounds of torque to release several of them! Two of them I could not get loose without using a hammer type impact and drilling hammer! 19 of the 24 nuts were split on the caps, so I removed all of the caps. I am debating whether to OEM on replacement nuts or research the aftermarket ones….
                        Last edited by silver_bullet; March 11, 2024, 09:39 AM.
                        Patrick & Tammy
                        - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• You have to use a chisel and pliers to knock off the tin foil and try not to damage the wheels. That or hammer on a socket that's too small and twist it off. I got new nuts for my car in case they crap out. Honestly don't know what kind I have. '16 Focus

Comment

• found a 22.5 MM socket for impact use that is a tire shop specialty tool and got them all off.... then put them in a vice one by one and split them with a die grinder and cutoff wheel and chisel.....
                            Patrick & Tammy

Comment

• I believe that the answer is to avoid using an impact on these covered lugs as much as possible and to only torque them using a torque wrench rather than the spring back torque extensions that so many shops use these days....
                              Patrick & Tammy

Comment

• Flying H dragstrip opening April 11th for racing. https://flyinghdragstrip.com/2024-schedule/

Comment

Working...
                                X