Jade's Newest Upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jade's Newest Upgrade

Is it bad when you purchase an upgrade for your car, than it sits in an unopened box for NINE months!??! That's right, I ordered a Dual Plenum Air Intake System for Jade back in August, and just now put it on over Easter weekend.

First, I'd like to say a HUGE "Thank You" to Dave Johnston, Engineer for Spectre Performance, for working with me during this entire process. Not only is this kit a custom made kit for Jade, but they also custom painted the heat shield to match the engine and my Bumble Bee stripe. How's it custom you ask? If you look closely at the pictures, you can see where they made the heat shields to work with my custom billet fender braces. It's a very unique design but worth the wait.

As of now, I'm having some clearance issues with my valve covers that were handmade, so once again, Spectre is coming through and making me some custom tubes to gain me the clearance I need.

Of course one of the requirements of running a dual plenum system is, you have move your battery to the trunk. That's one of the reasons I have waited so long to do this upgrade. It was kind of tricky, I made some rookie mistakes, but all in all, I think it turned out really nice. All the wires are hid, and tucked away nice and neat.

With that being said, I want to give one last shoutout to both Ed and Alan. Thank you for your help and assistance over Easter weekend!! That's one of the many reasons that I Love BangShift, you can always call other members for help if you're having troubles or issues. Once again, thanks for the trouble-shooting help!!!

So, if you're ever in the market for a new intake system, I highly recommend Spectre. Not only that, but they are a sponsor of the HRPT and are always driving their cars with us!!!

Feel free to let me know what ya'll think, but Pro's and Con's. I Love hearing other peoples .......
    Attached Files
    sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
    - George Orwell

Bucky,Awesom looking. I love the support arms.That Easter Bunny was very good to you.. But one thing, cover the battery terminals. I'm guessing you are using the side mounts but you need to cover the top mounts. Can't wait to see you again brother..I hope all is good with you.
    I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

Rett, thanks brother, I appreciate the compliments. You are correct, I'm using the side post to hide all the wires and make it look as clean and professional as possible. However, I'm still trouble shooting a bad ground, so I have the top post uncovered temporally. Once I'm completely finished, I'll put the Optima cover back on top for a clean, sealed look.

I had the support arms custom made and I think they turned out awesome!! I had to send them to Spectre Performance to have the heat shields cut to fit the arms. I was skeptical, but man it looks good. She's not fully finished, but close....
      sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
      - George Orwell

Comment

Looks really nice!
        Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

^^^^^^^X2.
          Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
          HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Very nice Buckaroo!
            I R Bob
            You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
            2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

WOW
              Patrick & Tammy
              - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Pics look great Bucky...I can't wait to see it up close and in person.
                FKA Redragtop
                (formerly known as)

Comment

Bucky, it looks awesome..... Spectre Performance, what a great company!.....

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
                  1966 Plymouth Fury III
                  2014 Dodge Ram 1500
                  Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
                  Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

Lookin' good.
                    Jim & Maureen
                    There is a fine line between hobby and obsession and I think I crossed it!!
                    HRPT Long Haulers 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013

Comment

Bucky

Jade looks great!

bob

Comment

damn that looks good bucky

Comment

Thanks again for all the compliments!! As of now, Spectre is making a LOT of changes to clear my custom made valve covers, so it's not completely finished. The boots that attach the polished aluminum tube to the air filter are 60 degree boots. They are making 75 degree boots to allow for a longer tube coming off the plenum air intake. We are also changing the degrees in the plenum air intake from 120 degrees to 135 degrees in order to clear my breather all while keep it away from my Wilwood Master Cylinder.

Once again, I can't speak highly enough about a company willing to make all these changes just for one customer. To me, that is truly amazing, and tells me that there are still companies in the greatest Country in the World that care about their customers!!

Once she is fully finished, I'll be posting finalized pictures.....
                          sigpic

- George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
                            ^^^^^^^X2.
                            Once again Ed, it was really nice to talk to you, and thank you for your help. All though I couldn't get my car started because of lack of power, you helped me out a great deal, and you pointed me towards Alan!!

Thanks again!!
                            sigpic

- George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Rocketman View Post
                              Pics look great Bucky...I can't wait to see it up close and in person.
                              You'll get your chance when the Power Tour rolls into the STL. Jade and I will be waiting for ya'll. Not only that, but I'll have two hellions with me as well.........
                              sigpic

- George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                              X