Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where are the places to eat on this Power Tour?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where are the places to eat on this Power Tour?

Always looking for good eats on the Power Tour.........kist saw an article on the best doughnuts shop in the U.S......and one will be near us in St. Louis Mo......The Donut Shop........
    thedonutstopinc.net is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, thedonutstopinc.net has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Here is the article.......
    Cream-filled, glazed or even topped with bacon, doughnuts are an irresistible confection beloved across the country in classic and new forms. Here, Food & Wine names the best doughnuts in the U.S.

Clanton's Cafe is just outside of Miami Ok in Vanita OK......may try it out......
    Find and track all the Diners, Drive-ins and Dives you have been to. Built by Rick & Jennifer who are huge fans of Guy Fieri & the TV show Diners, Drive-ins and Dives.

If you guys have any other suggestions please feel free to let us know where to go...........
    That steely eyed look I had behind the wheel was me trying see..........

Originally posted by 383S-10 View Post
    Always looking for good eats on the Power Tour.........kist saw an article on the best doughnuts shop in the U.S......and one will be near us in St. Louis Mo......The Donut Shop........
    thedonutstopinc.net is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, thedonutstopinc.net has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Here is the article.......
    Cream-filled, glazed or even topped with bacon, doughnuts are an irresistible confection beloved across the country in classic and new forms. Here, Food & Wine names the best doughnuts in the U.S.

Clanton's Cafe is just outside of Miami Ok in Vanita OK......may try it out......
    Find and track all the Diners, Drive-ins and Dives you have been to. Built by Rick & Jennifer who are huge fans of Guy Fieri & the TV show Diners, Drive-ins and Dives.

If you guys have any other suggestions please feel free to let us know where to go...........
    Dewayne I also hope to see some mom and pops cafes along route 66,they always have the best food.
    78 se trans am,67 rs ss camaro,69 BBO Javelin,55 chevy and a bunch of other junk that needs finished.

Comment

Millers, 23700 Michigan Ave in Detroit. near the ford museum. suppose to have really good burgers.

just off I44, outside of St. Louis, there was talk on another thread about stopping at Elbow Inn, 21050 Teardrop Road, Devils Elbow, Mo. suppose to be good BBQ.

off of I55 south of St. Louis, is Lamberts. this was on tv, where they throw the rolls at you.
      Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Here's more info on Millers - no computers, all cash, walk up to the bar, tell them what you had, and pay - the burgers are famously good, never frozen, grilled. Not cheap, but good, and sort of a small place - smallish off street parking lot.

23700 Michigan Ave, Dearborn, MI 48124
        There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by cobra View Post
          Millers, 23700 Michigan Ave in Detroit. near the ford museum. suppose to have really good burgers.

just off I44, outside of St. Louis, there was talk on another thread about stopping at Elbow Inn, 21050 Teardrop Road, Devils Elbow, Mo. suppose to be good BBQ.

off of I55 south of St. Louis, is Lamberts. this was on tv, where they throw the rolls at you.
          Lamberts looks like alot of fun. Is it on the way to Fenton?

Linda

Comment

Originally posted by 1cheapstreet View Post
            Lamberts looks like alot of fun. Is it on the way to Fenton?

Linda
            due south, half way to memphis. depends on how they will run the route as to whether it's possible.
            Last edited by cobra; April 23, 2012, 12:01 PM.
            Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives map -

Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by 383S-10 View Post

Clantons looks to be on the other side of Miami about 15 miles. might be better to do a Freaks dinner there. or, depending on the route, maybe a Freaks breakfast. one of the reviews spoke of really good bacon and eggs there.
                Last edited by cobra; April 23, 2012, 12:11 PM.
                Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Originally posted by cobra View Post
                  due south, half way to memphis. depends on how they will run the route as to whether it's possible.
                  There is also one on the south side of Springfield, MO.......a bit out of the way, but worth it.

Also.....the world-famous California chain "In-n-Out" has opened several restaurants in the Dallas-Ft. Worth area. They are now in CA, NV, AZ, and TX......great burgers and hand-made fries, all done on the premises. Plan on it being a madhouse. Drive-thru or dine-in. I highly recommend trying them. http://www.in-n-out.com/
                  Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                  HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
                    There is also one on the south side of Springfield, MO.......a bit out of the way, but worth it.

Also.....the world-famous California chain "In-n-Out" has opened several restaurants in the Dallas-Ft. Worth area. They are now in CA, NV, AZ, and TX......great burgers and hand-made fries, all done on the premises. Plan on it being a madhouse. Drive-thru or dine-in. I highly recommend trying them. http://www.in-n-out.com/
                    I'll have a double double with fries and a chocolate shake!
                    Last edited by cstmwgn; April 23, 2012, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post

I highly recommend the chain Braum's, which is primarily in Oklahoma, but sprinkled around the border states of Oklahoma. Raise their own beef for hamburgers, but their ice cream is the best reason to stop. So reasonable and the best I've had. Chocolate Almond is my favorite!

Also, in OKC, Leo's BBQ, was on Diners, Dives and Drive Ins too! Pops is not a historic Rt 66 stop, but it's quiet remarkable. East of Edmond, OK. In Stillwater, you've gotta go to Eskimo Joes or Hideaway Pizza!

Comment

Just outside of Muskegon there is a Dog-n-suds drive in. The address is 4221 Grand Haven Rd. just off of 31 and 96. I remember great hamburgers and carhops from the one that use to be by me thirty years ago. Just so happens the Hampton Inn is just down the road.

Comment

How about milk shakes & malts, any places between Detroit and Dallas that anyone knows about?
                          Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
                          The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

When running the Power tour, and in route to and from the PT, we checked out the places featured on Diners Dives and Drives-ins.
                            Half the time they are great, the other half OK.
                            We loved:
                            Specialties: Food, Fun, & History Established in 1939. Its a cafe on Route 66 since 1939 serving food from a 70 year old grill original to the building.

Our friends that work for Disney say the main character in the Cars movies is based on the owner Dawn.

Last edited by Sticky Dipstick; April 24, 2012, 06:29 AM.

Comment

I would definitely hit up Lamberts Cafe in Springfield, Missouri. It's a lot closer to the route than the one in Sikeston. There's no way the tour will go that far south- IMO. Once you get to Springfield, you can get to Lamberts in less than 20 minutes, pending traffic. And it's well worth it!!!

Bruce, you are correct, they throw the rolls at you, and the food is amazing. Not only that, but the experience alone is worth it...
                              sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
                              - George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                              X