Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Random thought thread

Originally posted by tedly
    Stepped outside for a smoke a minute ago (3:00am) and heard one of the weirdest things I have ever heard in my life. Some critter was in the drainage ditch acrooss the street making one of the creepiest sounds I have ever heard. No moon out tonight so it was pitch black, couldn't see a thing. The hair on my neck and arms was standing up. I made a noise to let it know I was there, and all of a sudden there were coyote yelps everywhere around me, like much less than 1/4 mile away in at least 3 directions. That was one of the spookiest situations I have ever been in, never had them that close before.
    Hahaha, well, with that avatar, you had it coming

and to add to the coincidence, as I was reading this, I was listening to Fear of the Dark by Iron Maiden
    Rumors of my demise by rollover have been greatly exaggerated.

Comment

Coyotes are one thing, I was just hoping that it wasn't a black bear or cougar. Both have been spotted not to far from here.
      I'm probably wrong

Comment

TEsly - A baby black bear and a cougar sound a lot alike form a distance...I was camping some time ago and I woke up to the most eerie sound I have ever heard, scared the shit out of me...woke up the wife and kids...we looked some things up and convinced that it was either a baby black bear or a cougar -- both are known to frequent the area we were camping

Coyotes can bee spooky in a pack too...especialy when they are all around you yipin' and yelpin'

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

The initial thing I heard sounded like something fairly large and wild eating. Kind of a low growling and snarling, but kinda quiet. The closest thing I can think of is watching a pack of animals eat on the Discovery Channel or something like that. It was initially only one, but as soon as I made a noise, the coyotes started in. Don't know if I walked in on dinner, or if they were after whatever was making the noise, but it was freaky.
          I'm probably wrong

Comment

Why are my eyes repeatedly confusing "Create Point" and "Query Element" ???
            Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Went to Checker to get some of that Royal Purple water wetter stuff and they had a brand new Holley Strip Dominator for a SBC for $120. You got to love Clearance stuff, it's in the back seat of my car now. WooooHooooo!!!!!!!!

Comment

they must not want to count it..
                inventory time for end of year taxes..

Comment

Shitty miserable rainy day. Work sucked. Got home and checked my email to find a call back about a potential job. A REAL job that could get me out of this slump I've been in. And I got to tweak David Freiburgers nose a litlle! Man this day turned around in a hurry! Hope I didn't piss him off...
                  I'm probably wrong

Comment

I keep checking my email to make sure that call back is still there. Man I really hope this works out. I hate to ask this, but if you guys could send some positive energy, prayers, finger crosses, or whatever my way I would appreciate it more than you know.
                    I've been up for 26 hours now and I think I'm gonna try to sleep. Please let this work. Please let this work. Please let this work...
                    I'm probably wrong

Comment

You got it tedly.
                      "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by tedly
                        I keep checking my email to make sure that call back is still there. Man I really hope this works out. I hate to ask this, but if you guys could send some positive energy, prayers, finger crosses, or whatever my way I would appreciate it more than you know.
                        I've been up for 26 hours now and I think I'm gonna try to sleep. Please let this work. Please let this work. Please let this work...
                        Good luck!

(What field is the work in?)
                        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

SUNOVABICH
                          I took the Eagle to the shop today, but checked the oil first, I was low, so I went to buy a quart, I had forgotten I set my brothers brand new foglight bulbs on the hood of the Sport Trac, this effing blows, it took me forever to find 2 of them, and now one is missing and the other got crushed
                          Rumors of my demise by rollover have been greatly exaggerated.

Comment

Off to the gym........

Catch you guys later.

Comment

Originally posted by TubbedCamaro
                              Off to the gym........

Catch you guys later.
                              I just got back from the Gym. Watching soccer while on the treadmill is dangerous.
                              Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

t/c you went to the gyn

Comment

Working...
                                X