No announcement yet.

What To Do 1970 Challenger?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some good ideas here. Squirrel gave me a good laugh with that one. I really have no plans for it, just thought I'd share the odd story on how I got it.

Eventually, I will probably just sell it down the road, maybe after getting it running and fixing a few things. It has a mildly built 318 with four barrel, cam, headers, and the rods hanging out the side of the block. It would be a cool car to run as a driver, but the thing is, I just don't need it. You can only drive one at a time, anyway.

As it is I have a couple of old Mopar street beaters that I like to drive, and some nice projects. I may end up giving it to one of my nephews that's into old cars and trucks.
    -dulcich

Comment

Ive always been partial to T/A and AAR clones
      Nice small block, nice suspension. drive drive drive
      Attached Files
      www.FBthrottlebodies.com
      Bruce K Bridges

Comment

I'd give it to the nephew and keep it in the family. How old is he? Maybe have as a project for both of you to work on?

This one is sitting about a mile from my house in PA.
        Tom
        Overdrive is overrated

Comment

One of my all time favorite cars. My brother-in-law has one stuffed in his garage, in a pretty complete state of disrepair. Man we had fun with that in college.

It would be fun as a driver, but move it on down the road if you have other things to do.
          I'm still learning

Comment

It really doesn't make any sense to hang onto it. Even if I had a huge ol' chicken coup to shelter an armada of old iron that I'd never get to, I'd probably be better off just filling it with chickens.
            -dulcich

Comment

I'll give you my whopping $800 hot rod savings I've got. It's all I got. Gotta have priorities, right?
              Bakersfield, CA.

Comment

Old iron trumps chickenshit any day of the week...!

You know, if you have a tub full of money to spare, it would make a perfect 'F-Bomb'-killer...
                www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

/rant= on

anything that gets actually driven is a F-bomb killer in my book. I really don't get that one. The Bee, who already had cubic money thrown at it once, sits neglected while this ugly ass Camaro gets a pile of the coin, and STILL never gets opened up. 2100 hp coffee table. To each his own, but that's not my gig. I'd sell that bitch (f-bomb) to Hollywood and move on to the first one I tossed a shitpile of cash at and try to figure out why I frag a trans on every other run.

/rant=off

Working with the Family can get interesting. That'd be better than filled with chickenshit though.
                  Last edited by Beagle; March 18, 2012, 05:20 AM.
                  Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by dulcich View Post
                    It really doesn't make any sense to hang onto it.
                    I don't think making sense is a requirement when it comes to messing around with old cars, and may not even be a possibility. It certainly doesn't make sense for me to have 9 cars, but I do. The project cars are all stored inside, so they're not rotting in somebody's back yard. I'm definitely at a one-in/one-out stage as far as picking up any new projects though. I don't think it's going to be possible to do them all, but we'll see, and I'm not that concerned about it.

Comment

The above could've been typed by me, 'cept I'm in the one-out stage only now.... but folks ain't buying ugly cars I've learned.
                      www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                        /rant= on

anything that gets actually driven is a F-bomb killer in my book. I really don't get that one. The Bee, who already had cubic money thrown at it once, sits neglected while this ugly ass Camaro gets a pile of the coin, and STILL never gets opened up. 2100 hp coffee table. To each his own, but that's not my gig. I'd sell that bitch (f-bomb) to Hollywood and move on to the first one I tossed a shitpile of cash at and try to figure out why I frag a trans on every other run.

/rant=off

Working with the Family can get interesting. That'd be better than filled with chickenshit though.
                        I've been seeing the F Bomb in the background of a ton of pictures taken in the Hot Rod shop lately. I'm thinking DF is on track to quiet the naysayers as fast as he can. I think the last time he really drove the car at all was during the filming of Fast and Furious. They ran it around doing burnouts up at Willow Springs recording it's sounds for the movie. It sat on bald drag radials forever.

If he was just ignoring it, it wouldn't be in the shop.
                        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I saw the F bomb last september, it was at the driving museum (at the hot rod cruise, but inside the museum).

I don't know that we really need a mopar version of that car. Also, it looks like DF has been having more fun with the yellow camaro since they put the blower motor in it. How about a pro street challenger?
                          My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                            I saw the F bomb last september, it was at the driving museum (at the hot rod cruise, but inside the museum).

I don't know that we really need a mopar version of that car. Also, it looks like DF has been having more fun with the yellow camaro since they put the blower motor in it. How about a pro street challenger?
                            That building at the museum actually belong to Source. It's a glorified storage shed. The fact it's not in there or at his house collecting dust and in the shop means he is actually working on it.
                            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

First, send me the rims on the car they look awful and I would be willing to take them off your hands for free :-)

Then one of two things...full on 70's street freak OR, just build a clean driver.
                              If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

I don't get it.... y'all bust DF's chops for not driving the Fbomb; but honestly, how many of you know of a similar vintage Camaro that's rusting to death in a field that will never get a resto? I don't see anyone in the Project Cars who's building their version of that car - if anything, that vintage of a Camaro is best known as a "donor" or "parts car".

Once a car is "finished" you can do a couple things with it 1) you can drive the wheels off it until it needs rebuilt again - that'll last until there's nothing to restore, or 2) you can use it sparingly and pass it on to the next generation.

The fact that some of you are talking "Fbomb killer" means that DF has it right - that's the point of a magazine car, to get buzz.
                                That the car is intact and didn't follow the steps of the Blazer David Stacey built, means it'll be around forever.

That said, you couldn't build a mopar that's faster without JATOs in each tail light - sorry, it's just the laws of physics. Or put another way, when was the last time you saw an elephant going 200 mph? they just aren't designed for such silliness.

And finally, as we all know by a rant of a certain speedy - Hunkins hates Mopars so they'd never feature something like that...
                                Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; March 19, 2012, 07:05 AM.
                                Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Working...
                                X