Sept issue of Hot Rod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
    I'd help... Don't have a scanner... Nor magazine... I could iPhone it, but still no magazine...
    I'm nearly call-the-coroner dead.

I mean, if Red is in Hot Rod Magazine.....I guess I'll just die before I kill somebody. Does that make any sense?
    Last edited by pdub; July 7, 2012, 11:11 PM.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
      I'm nearly call-the-coroner dead.

I mean, if Red is in Hot Rod Magazine.....I guess I'll just die before I kill somebody. Does that make any sense?
      No.. Go to the nearest Quickee Mart and get one...

Comment

Neat quote of a BS tech article by dieselgeek on p 149

and all the red fords look alike to me, you'll have to figure out where you are peewee! if that's you....congrats!
        Attached Files
        My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
          Neat quote of a BS tech article by dieselgeek on p 149
          Ya I wonder how much ink I'll be getting in that column.......... Guess it might payoff to argue the other side of the fence or in that case just talk out your ass..........
          Last edited by TC; July 8, 2012, 02:15 AM.

Comment

You've been trying the "talk out your ass" thing for a while, hasn't gotten you too far.

Notice Scott brought some real world experience, along with dyno testing, to the table.
            My fabulous web page

Comment

Wow, thanks so much Squirrel!

Yep, there he is. Twice. NEATO!

The top one was on Saturday and the bottom one was on Sunday. I had a great conversation on Sunday with the red Corvette guy behind Red. He's wealthy, a self made contractor. He said on his 125 run on Saturday, he was going 150 at the half-mile marker, so he just coasted the rest of the way.

The Saturday photo is the afternoon run I didn't get to make before the time ran out. That morning I let Dan in line ahead of me. A great thing, as I was well positioned to shoot the infamous "car full of shit" video.

EDIT: That bottom photo is really cool. That's a photographer's "artist" coming out - MOPAR, Ford, Chevy. All waitin' to go. Man, those are going in a frame on the wall for sure. That's just too cool. And with Mike's photo of Red at speed, I already felt like I more than already got my money's worth. Wow, that's just too cool. (Insert photo of peewee grinning right here)
              Last edited by pdub; July 8, 2012, 08:16 AM.

Comment

you're welcome! Here are some slightly better scans of the pages...to hold you over until you get the real thing in your hands
                Attached Files
                My fabulous web page

Comment

Ecstacy. Isn't there an illicit drug named that? I'll bet it's not good for you. But THIS sure is. WOW! Thanks so much man. I'm tickled to death. The "good" death.

pdub

Comment

You know, Peewee, with all this magazine exposure and land speed racing, it might be about time for someone to get you to a drag strip. Just a thought.
                    Bakersfield, CA.

Comment

Originally posted by cantvalve16 View Post
                      You know, Peewee, with all this magazine exposure and land speed racing, it might be about time for someone to get you to a drag strip. Just a thought.
                      And a thought I've already had. That helmet is bound to be good for something else. Especially after watching Joe's (JOESFURY) videos of his night out doing it in essentially the same car.

I'm thinking...there's an eighth of a mile just up the road, but I'm trying to get my head around the rules...

Comment

My shoebox is on the front cover of Hot Rod

Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Thom, that's demented. Somehow.

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
                            Thom, that's demented. Somehow.
                            DF type demented?
                            Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
                              DF type demented?
                              Yeah, that's it. I couldn't get to it exactly. Yeah, that's it.

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                                You've been trying the "talk out your ass" thing for a while, hasn't gotten you too far.

Notice Scott brought some real world experience, along with dyno testing, to the table.
                                It's interesting that he thought the other way until he posted that post...... I think that is the reason they used his post, because he for so many years said there was an advantage to doing it and then found out that there wasn't........
                                Last edited by TC; July 8, 2012, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X