Anyone else faced with this delimma?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dieselgeek View Post
    Didn't you write a check to get your GMC done?

And which type of hotrodder are you? I don't see you listing a category for "Guy who buys a bunch of parts and never, ever EVER finishes a project"
    Wrote a check to get the GMC done?? the GMC is not done, talking out your ass again I see.......

Also I don't see you with any projects, I have 4 now with the addition of the Monte, not to mention I was building cars before you ever thought about getting into the industry...... You started doing this stuff about 7 years ago, I started doing this stuff 26 years ago.. In that time I've built a few cars/trucks before I ever met you, so your lies are just that Lies of someone you have no clue about....... Only your made up fantasies........

Also I find it funny that my '99 Z28 doesn't seem to count...... That car is a finished Project!!!!!..... So right there your wrong about me not finishing a project........

Fact is YOU HAVE NEVER "BUILT" A HOTROD, RACE CAR OR ANYTHING ELSE THAT WAS PERFORMANCE ORIENTATED, the reality of it is you are a Tuner and Tune EFI systems, that is where you experience is, not in anything else you talk about, because you don't have any HAND ON experience doing any of that stuff, only what others have TOLD YOU or what you have read......... So when it comes to efi tuning and running cars on dynos, I tend to believe what your saying, other than that you have no hands on experience and have never build a car, so why would I take what you say about those subjects seriously.........

I find it funny that the guys that say you can't believe everything on the internet are actually the guys writing stuff on the internet......

Comment

The HotRod world according to TC

John Force: not a hotrodder
      Austin Coil: not a hotrodder
      TubbedCamaro: HOTRODDER
      dieselgeek: not a hotrodder

now that's hilarious
      Well 3 out of 4 of those guys actually have built cars at sometime in their lives....... The last guy on the list not so much........

Comment

Originally posted by Bucky67 View Post
        Last thing that I want to say is this; if someone goes out and purchases a brand new ZL1 Camaro and parks it right next to Jade at a car show, does that make them less of a "Hot Rodder" than myself?!?

Absolutely NOT
        I disagree....

Working hard and saving your money to buy neat toys means you're successful, it doesn't mean you are someone who modifies cars for increased performance.

Not that it matters.
        My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by Bucky67 View Post

....said, it wouldn't bother me nor would I lose one ounce of sleep if I traded her for a brand new ZL1 Camaro. Why? Simple really..... Reliability, Durability, Maintainability, and the shear fact life is too short to spend every waking minute turning wrenches. I, personally, would rather spend that time with my kiddos at a cruise in or car show, spending time with my Loved One relaxing, having an ice cold beverage, hanging out at the Lake, or just driving.

I agree that if you take a new modern muscle car, whether it be a Camaro, Mustang, or Challenger and sit it next to its predecessor, there is no comparison. However, Jade will never get 25 MPG like the new ZL1 Camaro, nor will she ever turn a lap at the Nurburgring as fast as the ZL1, nor will she ever be as comfortable as a new ZL1 Camaro. For the 55K MSRP, you can't beat new modern muscle....
          hear hear - anyone who enjoys a car for its attributes is a car guy; old, new doesn't matter. That said, I completely agree there is far more to life then just cars.

I figure that anyone who buys a car for something (or multiple somethings) other then transportation is a car guy (or gal).
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
            I disagree....

Working hard and saving your money to buy neat toys means you're successful, it doesn't mean you are someone who modifies cars for increased performance.

Not that it matters.
            okay squirrel - that's true so, of course, you'd agree that the Edelbrock family are not hot rodders. But all of that begs the question - how does this post answer the original poster's question?
            Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; July 10, 2012, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Sure you have built cars and finished them. I totally believe that. A $2500 4th gen POS camaro with MSD coilpacks - a DOWNGRADE - doesn't count as a finished project any more than my POS daily driver with Air Conditioning upgrades.
              www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                okay squirrel - that's true so, of course, you'd agree that the Edelbrock family are not hot rodders. But all of that begs the question - how does this post answer the original poster's question?
                It probably doesn't. But I wasn't addressing the OP's question in that post.

The forum police are in the room...I better go back to the garage.
                My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Take it from me, you don't want to get on SBGs bad side. He'll bring you up in all his "woe is me, I can't figure out how to work a GM dealership, or a machine shop, or a bicycle" posts for months
                  www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

not police, but wondering if I missed something

Comment

Take it from me, you don't want to get on SBGs bad side. He'll bring you up in all his "woe is me, I can't figure out how to work a GM dealership, or a machine shop, or a bicycle" posts for months
                      nice to know you care enough to check up on my woes, thanks DG, you really do have a sensitive side

Comment

nice to know you care enough to check up on my woes, thanks DG, you really do have a sensitive side
                        I wouldn't call it "caring" just warning Jim what happens when someone presents an idea that counters the almighty SBG's.

Comment

I wouldn't call it "caring" just warning Jim what happens when someone presents an idea that counters the almighty SBG's.
                          now now, don't ruin the moment by 'talking' Scott

Comment

now now, don't ruin the moment by 'talking' Scott
                            They don't call you Drama Mama on here for just any old reason. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
                              This cracks me up, its opinionated asshats like this that make the shows and cruises here in Tucson shitty. Thats for the low IQ name calling that DOES put you in a category.
                              I get snubbed in my beat Fury, I get snubbed in my Mustang, I got snubbed in my lifted 4X4...unless my car is pretty and I sit in a lawn chair with my panama hat I cant be cool, Well thats sweet and all but it must be you because Saturday I pulled up to a car show and they wanted me to put my car in the show so bad the judges paid my entry fee to draw in more people, go figure!

Yeah man, youre better than me...I wrench for a living, I have been wrenching since I was 12. I can build anything I put my mind to and if I dont know I figure it out by asking questions and learning...I've earned my stripes I just chose a different path. So your a mechanic and not a hotrodder?

Youre like the proverbial Harley rider...if it's not a Harley its not a motorcycle.. I'll give ya that one.

Whatever dude, keep on thinking youre a bad ass becasue you "built" your car and others did not...guys like you will be the downfall of our hobby. How long has this hobby been going on?
                              You think a guy who starts with a shell and completes a car out of it and a guy who shells out $38000 is in the same category?
                              And I know everybody and their brother had their first car at age 10 and was doing side work at age 12 BLAH, BLAH, BLAH ETC, but its what became of the experience is what matters, you are a mechanic and I have owned 83 cars and trucks.

Comment

Sure you have built cars and finished them. I totally believe that. A $2500 4th gen POS camaro with MSD coilpacks - a DOWNGRADE - doesn't count as a finished project any more than my POS daily driver with Air Conditioning upgrades.
                                You really have no clue do you............

Comment

Working...
                                X