Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you a prepper?

How does one talk to you?

good grief, I person I know IRL is always looking like the sky is falling and is unable to talk about anything else.

good part, when on a mission, I love having them nearby because I know I don't have to carry the extra weight of a gun and ammo in my pack (two reasons for that, 1) they can shoot whatever is the threat, and 2) with all that extra weight, I can outrun them )
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

I think my sister in law is..........can only explain all the bottles
    of water and 400 cans of Spam in her basement.
    Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

I swear the only real difference between a typical hoarder and a prepper is the amount of ammo.
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Nope, but many of the things I do wold sure come in handy to know if there was some sort of economic collapse or disaster. Making fuel, food, electricity, building everything from shelter to transportation, heating systems that dont require burning anything, all of that is much better than a mineshaft and some canned food.... not that I care about any doomsday predictions or worries. I just like to know how to do things, and if I can do it cheaper than I can buy it, then its worth my time to learn how.

Comment

I live in a cinder block house with a metal roof on five acres in the middle of no where. Bring on the apocalypse

No, I would likely starve to death after about a month based on the "bachelor chow" rations I keep around here. At least the food is good at long term storage, I just don't keep enough of it around. I definitely would be hanging around my friends with all the guns, ammo and hunting skills.
          Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

I watch Survivorman

Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

My continuing attempts to accumulate a large stash of beer keep not working out.

Comment

Originally posted by Loren View Post
                My continuing attempts to accumulate a large stash of beer keep not working out.
                I hear ya, but it goes stale, so I'd say your just doing inventory rotation? Try liquor...
                Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Your not a Prepper unless you have a storage of Seeds, so that you can grow your own food, that storage supply is only going to last so long............ Next you need a good supply of M80's with water proof wicks, throw them in the lake, go net up some dinner........ I would also have a large stash of Alcohol and would grow Weed and Tobacco for bartering purposes...........
                  Last edited by TC; December 3, 2012, 01:01 PM.

Comment

Large stash of alcohol? Not a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Loren View Post
                      I keep bringing home beer! I stop on my way home, I pick some up at the market, we take the little red car up to the liquor store!!!
                      What do you do with all of it Honey?
                      That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

Everybody needs a hobby.
                        Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

the guy we bought our house from was....it has a basement (very rare here) which had hundreds of bottles of water. And then there's the 3/8" thick steel door to the other rooms of the basement, and how the door was hidden behind some shelves, and the escape chimney behind the BBQ behind the house.....yeah, neat stuff.

I'm more concerned about the mental state of preppers, than I am about whatever it is they think they're preparing for
                          My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Have a reefer full of seeds...flower seeds!
                            Got ammo and guns.. Springs on the farm..
                            I'll be alright... If it really is doomsy ..prolly best to just go? But I will do what I can to keep alive

Comment

And yet you bought the house......

Did you realize that the real die-hard preppers do not advertise their preparedness, nor do they admit to it if questioned?

Neat stuff indeed. I'd buy the house too - - of course, neither of us is a prepper. Its just a cool feature.

Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Working...
                              X