1985 Monte carlo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1931s/x View Post
    im not a gm guy, but id take a monte or a malibu for sure, id save every penny and beg, borrow, steal, and sell where ever i could to stick a stock 6.0 and some kind of od trans in it, 4l60 or t56.
    I gave 1000 for the gray bu and 1200 for this monte, 275 for a 5.3 i have. You can do it.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

wish they had 8" wide checkard rims

the GP wheel arch is also diffrent. on my monte the 235s where close to the wheel arch for what ever reason but i had room to spare on the GP
      Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
      Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
        Looks granny fresh. Very nice.
        +1

I had a couple of them. On one ,the color of interior was the same as ops. full gauges, floor shift. I could drive it for days...one of the more comfortable rides, engine staying clean and cool is all I did to it. 600 holley sspaced. hey double s by accident.

Previously boxer3main
        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Nice monte, i wish mine was that clean. The 235s in front and 255s in back look good but lyou would need two different sized wheels. Have you considered painting the rally wheels maroon to match the interior? Someone near me did that with an 80's Caprice and it looked good.

Comment

I had the rallys I needed sitting around, i ve been selling a few things recently, but keeping everything I might need. Got 235/60 and 205/65s getting mounted and balanced today while I'm asleep. Hopefully its not raining when I get upp. I'm ready to drive this thing..

I think the antenna is loose or has a bad ground.

Exhaust ideas? Want something deep and quiet but noticable and a little drone is okay, 2.25 dual from manifolds make sense?

Comment

I had the rallys I needed sitting around, i ve been selling a few things recently, but keeping everything I might need. Got 235/60 and 205/65s getting mounted and balanced today while I'm asleep. Hopefully its not raining when I get upp. I'm ready to drive this thing..

I think the antenna is loose or has a bad ground.

Exhaust ideas? Want something deep and quiet but noticable and a little drone is okay, 2.25 dual from manifolds make sense?

Comment

hmm only exhuast i ever had was the 2.5" factory diesel catless exhuast. tat had a nice burble with the olds 350 and the 4.3v6
                Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
                Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

Has the tires monted and balanced. I woke up late and had to go to the gym to train, came home to this surpise, seems my dad gets exicted to see things done. The rear drums had never been off and it has new pads on the front, and he greased the whole front end.

Comment

What a difference a set of wheels makes.

Comment

looks good.

Comment

Looks good!

Comment

Thanks guys. Update may slow down some. I've got 100 hundred miles on her so far. Im gonna have someone do the headliner, and im going to revynal some rear trim piece, but mainly drive it. Looking for some 3.73's, headers, 8" rallys in the meantine. People cant believe its the same car since swapping wheels.

Comment

Hit Stich up? I think he came home with 6 vette Rally (8") from his last trip?
                            Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Comment

still only 235's on back, new tread so im going to wear them some before buying new.

Headers on the way. Muffler suggestion? Thinking dual 2.5" turndown after the axle.

Comment

Working...
                                X