X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• n847
    replied
    Originally posted by racingsnake440 View Post
    Thanks man! I'll be leaving it in red oxide for now. Once I finish working the bugs out of it I may get it painted root beer but it'll most likely stay red oxide. The stock rad is pretty big and looks in good shape so I'm going to try that first. What are you running in yours?

Early Econoline beam axles are pretty cheap and work out really nice on 46-48 Plymouths...
    I'm running a stocker thsts been cleaned and sealed. I had it converted to a sealed system with a very light weight cap and I haven't had any issues. But i dont know squat about 440's I was just wondering if they ran hot? I would like to run an electric fan like you though!

Leave a comment:

• Deaf Bob
    replied
    Yeah.. I understand the gasser look is best with 2 doors..
    I got a 40 that I drove in highschool.. Didn't drive it much cuz tires were 16" and the shifter was vac. Assist.. Didn't shift very fast.. It would go under speed by the time shifting was done..
    I don't wanna be th laughingstock with the dorky 4 door gasser

Leave a comment:

• 1946Austin
    replied
    There were some very competitive 2 dr. sedan gassers in the 60's, and even some record holing sedans. Not many in 4 dr. sedan that were full sized cars. Most were smaller British cars, like Ohio George's Hurst Gasser Passer Prefect.

Leave a comment:

• racingsnake440
    replied
    Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
    Looking at this, and at Vall's 2 projects....
    Hmmm 40 chev 4 door with the rear 2 that are suicides..... Gasser look or too long and large?
    Old man dreaming of youth I guess....
    Not too many 4 drs can pull the look off but some did get raced back in the day and I seem to recall seeing a pic of a 4dr 40 Chevy gasser that looked pretty tough. Get the stance right, a stout motor and it'd probably be pretty cool!

Leave a comment:

• racingsnake440
    replied
    Originally posted by n847 View Post
    Damn looks good! Are you going to run it in primer or go for paint? Obviously I like what your diing with the red oxide primer for now! Any idea what radiator your going to run? Keep it up your really making me think about getting my hands on a straight axle!
    Thanks man! I'll be leaving it in red oxide for now. Once I finish working the bugs out of it I may get it painted root beer but it'll most likely stay red oxide. The stock rad is pretty big and looks in good shape so I'm going to try that first. What are you running in yours?

Early Econoline beam axles are pretty cheap and work out really nice on 46-48 Plymouths...

Leave a comment:

• racingsnake440
    replied
    Originally posted by 1946Austin View Post
    Looks good! Should have great braking with the ratio you've got on the pedal!
    Thanks! No need for a booster here!

Leave a comment:

• Deaf Bob
    replied
    Looking at this, and at Vall's 2 projects....
    Hmmm 40 chev 4 door with the rear 2 that are suicides..... Gasser look or too long and large?
    Old man dreaming of youth I guess....

Leave a comment:

• n847
    replied
    Damn looks good! Are you going to run it in primer or go for paint? Obviously I like what your diing with the red oxide primer for now! Any idea what radiator your going to run? Keep it up your really making me think about getting my hands on a straight axle!

Leave a comment:

• 1946Austin
    replied
    Looks good! Should have great braking with the ratio you've got on the pedal!

Leave a comment:

• racingsnake440
    replied
    Thanks Tom!

mrocketscience - you may not have had chance to work on the Anglia but your Pontiac came out beautifully, love the color choice on it.

Pulled the dash out and also the pedalbox so I could finish modifying it. I remember reading in Hot Rod years ago about the master cylinder pushrod falling out on a street racing Camaro they took to the dragstrip, so I thought it would be a good idea to put a pedal stop on so that the pedal won't come back far enough for that to happen. I made a brakelight switch bracket and test fitted a return spring. Also added a tab on the pedal to line up with the stop and switch.

Just needs a coat of paint now and a new pedal rubber and it can go back in the car for good.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by racingsnake440; October 30, 2013, 09:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Huskinhano
    replied
    That's some really nice fabrication work on the frame rails! Nice progress, looks professional.

Leave a comment:

• mrocketscience
    replied
    I can relate to that. I haven't has time to work on the Anglia for a couple months now. Frustrating.

Leave a comment:

• racingsnake440
    replied
    Thanks Scott, I'm pretty happy with how it's turning out - just wish it didn't take so long...

Leave a comment:

• Scott Liggett
    replied
    Some really nice work there. The firewall recess and frame rails look really good.

Leave a comment:

• racingsnake440
    replied
    And here's a couple of pics from today. Took it round to a friend's place a couple of weeks ago so he could put some primer/sealer on the body so that it's mostly one color - still need to do some bodywork on it and obviously the front clip and trunk lid need some help too but it is looking tidier. Didn't do much tonight - just organized some parts and started sanding the dash, but every little helps.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Working...
X