No announcement yet.

Remy's '83 Imperial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I prefer Hemostats. Cheap as hell at Harbor Freight and work great.
    Used to do a lot of soldering when I was working on propellers...these were fantastic for the task.
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

• Been busting my ass the last couple of days...
      Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

• Looking like alot of progress . Ford blue ? You been working on that ford too much !

Just kidding I remember repainting my engine back to its factory color in my first car. A 74 plymouth satellite , bnb it was blue .
        Last edited by Dan Barlow; July 15, 2018, 01:51 PM.
        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

• According to the weather reports, it's looking like the engine will meet the car on Wednesday. Have to have it outside, just not enough wiggle room to make an engine hoist work in the shop. The Imperial has been moved to the concrete pad and I'll be tidying up some final details, like thermostats and locating a suitable set of cast-iron exhaust manifolds for the break-in procedure.

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

• oooooooooooooh, shiney........ me likey !

Comment

• bump....
              Click image for larger version

Name:	44310990_10215587265168033_8193698123499962368_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=0afa7fc65a024bd3ab50a2b31d45306e&oe=5C449EC9.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	1218719
              Patrick & Tammy
              - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Yeah, I had stepped away from the car for a bit. Last two days I've been back on it. Engine got bumped over for the first time yesterday, just finishing up nickel-and-dime stuff and preparing a distributor. It's close. I promise.

Comment

• Been doing the first couple of shakedown drives on the car. Overall, it's four-year slumber doesn't seem to have affected the way it drives too bad. But I have one major issue that I need to sort out. There is no third gear in the transmission. Left in Drive, the car upshifts from first to second just fine under low throttle input, but there is no second-third shift at all. I ran the car up to 50 mph in second to see if it would, no dice. Reverse works fine with no banging or shuddering. I have the kickdown lever at the transmission fixed at 25% input since i don't have the throttle/kickdown situation happily sorted on the carburetor yet. Manual shifting is the same story. Where should I start looking...valvebody or other? This is an A999, a beefed-up A904 variation.

Comment

• Originally posted by BangShift McT View Post
                    Been doing the first couple of shakedown drives on the car. Overall, it's four-year slumber doesn't seem to have affected the way it drives too bad. But I have one major issue that I need to sort out. There is no third gear in the transmission. Left in Drive, the car upshifts from first to second just fine under low throttle input, but there is no second-third shift at all. I ran the car up to 50 mph in second to see if it would, no dice. Reverse works fine with no banging or shuddering. I have the kickdown lever at the transmission fixed at 25% input since i don't have the throttle/kickdown situation happily sorted on the carburetor yet. Manual shifting is the same story. Where should I start looking...valvebody or other? This is an A999, a beefed-up A904 variation.
                    Best I could do for you.

non electric trannys dont have crevos non electric trans do have a front and rear servo... that is what actuates the front and rear bands.
                    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

• It's street-legal again!

Comment

• right on!
                        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• More to follow soon.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                          X