'63 Falcon project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
    Most of my cutting is where you can't see it in that photo - I like his down tubes, and the fact that he just cut the entire inner fenders out!
    Don't lean on the top of his fenders!
    Looks like it's that checkerboard square area that's right behind the engine, but I'm not positive. I'd want some inner fender left, or at lteast a boltin brace from fender to frame. But it might be a lift off steel frontend, as I see he's got hoodpins down low on the front fenders in another picture.
    Last edited by 1946Austin; January 28, 2013, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Here ya go!
      LOL

Seventies Style Street Machines, Street Freaks - Drag Cars - Vans - Gassers - Muscle & Some Heavy Rock 'n Roll
      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

oh my eyes!! falcons should not have square head lights!
        http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
        1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
        ​​​​​​

Comment

Wait - what?

coming from a guy that builds Buicks? I think you must have fallen and hit your head this morning...
          ummm... I hate to point out facts when the story sounds so good without them - however, there are two Buicks in my world, only one of which do I post anything about on here. Further, the Fiat is powered by a GM cross dressing powerplant... .... and in following that vein, my H3 is powered by a motor found in several Buicks.... alas, pesky facts - always destroy a perfectly good work of fiction

back on topic.... I emailed you back with the contact info and informed him to be nice to you
          Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; January 28, 2013, 11:20 AM.
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Is it just an optical illusion, or is that rear tire sitting canted in at the top? Looks like it might have independent rear suspension?

Comment

Originally posted by 1946Austin View Post
              Hopefully the Edelbrock heads will bring the BBC down closer to smallblock weight, and not make it a plow. Not sure about location yet, but I plan to give it some engine setback, even if it means chopping the firewall. The windshield is the only restriction I'll worry about!
              Aluminum heads and intake on Big BlockBuicks weight the same as a stock small block chevy...

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                Aluminum heads and intake on Big BlockBuicks weight the same as a stock small block chevy...
                Yeah, that was part of my reasoning to get the Edelbrock heads. I was planning on finding some old oval ports anyway to get the smaller chambers, but getting Edelbrock aluminums and the features of the old oval ports, plus the weight loss is ideal. Plus a little better runner at 219 flow, should also help the HP a bit.

Comment

I am not a fan of Barry Whites builds but he did a 63/64 Nova gasser on one episode of Wrecks to Riches that I cannot seem to find a picture of. ANyway, if I remeber correctly, straight axel, BBC, 4 wheel disks....very much like what youre building. I am looking forward to following allong on this build, especially if it is as cool as the Austin.
                  If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
                    I am not a fan of Barry Whites builds but he did a 63/64 Nova gasser on one episode of Wrecks to Riches that I cannot seem to find a picture of. ANyway, if I remeber correctly, straight axel, BBC, 4 wheel disks....very much like what youre building. I am looking forward to following allong on this build, especially if it is as cool as the Austin.
                    Yes, I not only watched that episode, but also was at the auction when he brought it up to Portland to sell at the Silver Auto Auction here. It did not meet his reserve, and he took it home. There were only a couple bidders really interested once it hit the $30k range, and I don't remember where the bidding stopped back then. It was a beautiful car, and I would have loved to own that Nova if I ever bought a finished car! I prefer building my own, as I enjoy the build, and it's usually much cheaper for me that way!
                    Not expecting the Falcon to be a quick build. I'm not in a big hurry with this one, so might take a year of more to get it on the road, and then maybe another year to finish all the details and paint it. I kinda llike to sort them out before breaking them back down for paint and bodywork.

Comment

This should be a fun build to follow along with. I really dig Falcons. In fact, when I was 12 (around 1968) my dream was to build a gasser type 63 Falcon with an injected FE motor. Sadly, I never got to do that. I do, however, plan on getting the 48 Anglia project off the ground this year( fingers crossed!)

Comment

take a look over on 460 .com or block ford. they get alot hp out of bbf and alot of ci. its cheaper to build a stoker bbf than a chevy can get 501,514,521,528,532,545,552,557, and 572 out of a stock block even ford sells a 521 kit for $1150 try and build those ci with a GM block.
                        Drag week 2009 Quickest street rod
                        Drag week 2010 Quickest street rod

Comment

Originally posted by mrocketscience View Post
                          This should be a fun build to follow along with. I really dig Falcons. In fact, when I was 12 (around 1968) my dream was to build a gasser type 63 Falcon with an injected FE motor. Sadly, I never got to do that. I do, however, plan on getting the 48 Anglia project off the ground this year( fingers crossed!)
                          Anglias are great looking cars! Hard to imagine one that wasn't a hotrod. When I see a stock Anglia it just looks weird to me!

Comment

You and John with the falcons. You are trying to make me work on my failed high school project falcon.... turbo duratec 5 speed? I also want a fox body drag car. So many wants so little time and money.
                            http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                            1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                            ​​​​​​

Comment

That's the problem with these forums! So much inspiration, so little time!

Comment

The brown truck showed up today with two new Holley 600cfm carbs for the tunnel ram! Well not quite new, but still in the boxes, and loads of tuning parts with them. A friend had them and sold them to me for less than half the new price, and they only have a few days running on them.

Comment

Working...
                                X