X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 62 Chevy II AF/X

Uh oh....

Attached Files
    Last edited by squirrel; November 21, 2013, 03:15 PM.
    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Big block fender well headers are cheaper than small block ones...
    You can no doubt make this bad assed in your sleep with one hand tied behind your back...

Comment

Seat belts are on, lets do this.

Comment

altered wheelbase ?

Comment

YEAHOOOO!

looks better than my falcon when we started.
          There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Motivation:
            Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
            1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
            1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
            1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
            1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
            1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Jim -there's some interesting and possibly quite useful stuff for this build in Speedway's garage sale / clearance section...
              There's always something new to learn.

Comment

man, the cars that follow me home are mutts. I gotta learn the trick to this.
                Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

I guess I need to take some more pictures. I have a line on a few of the parts to fix the body, sort of local. The right quarter was replaced, because of crash damage, with a hardtop quarter. and for some unknown reason they decided to cut away the bottom of the B pillar, leaving a neat gap. And the quarter doesn't fit right at the C pillar, and has the wrong internal panel too. What fun. But since I'm planning to scoot the rear floor forward a ways, I need to cut it all up again so it doesn't really matter. One friend as a complete roof, extending down into the quarter panel a little bit, so I should be able to fix the B pillar without too much trouble. And he knows a guy with a couple 4 door parts cars. I need to fix the right side rear "frame" rail, and the trunk floor. Also the main floors are rusty, but there's an affordable repair panel for that, if I decide to keep it original looking.

The car was going to get scrapped if I didn't buy it, so at least I have no qualms at all about cutting it up

And did I mention it has a title, now in my name? I guess it was worth $500.
                  My fabulous web page

Comment

$500?

You suck.
                    Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

He originally wanted 1800, then when I called him he said 1000, then when I showed up with a trailer, he said 500. I guess I should have started leaving, he would have said 250!
                      My fabulous web page

Comment

Some pictures of what I'm starting with.

Attached Files
                        My fabulous web page

Comment

A few more pictures.

Attached Files
                          My fabulous web page

Comment

Okay, so you don't suck as much as I originally figured. $500 is probably a pretty fair price, given the butcherage.

Do the windows really have a yellowish tint to them, or is that a trick of the camera/lighting? Does the desert sun turn them yellow?
                            Last edited by STINEY; November 21, 2013, 06:53 PM.
                            Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

It's just the flash.
                              My fabulous web page

Comment

Working...
                              X