No announcement yet.

55 Nomad RustFest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought I had a corrosion problem to deal with! Im going to ghost this build fer sure. Good luck with the reman! Im going to look at the FF differently now.
    BKB
    www.FBthrottlebodies.com
    Bruce K Bridges

Comment

You need to fly Squirrel (or Todd) in for a weekend. He/they would have the car ready for filler in a couple of days.

Thanks for saving one. Not all cars need to be Riddler quality.

Dan
      Last edited by DanStokes; February 11, 2014, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
        You need to fly Squirrel (or Todd) in for a weekend. He/they would have the car ready for filler in a couple of days.

Thanks for saving one. Not all cars need to be Riddler quality.

Dan
        I love all the words of encouragement,thanks,you all have great vision,some of my buddies come in the shop and look at her like "what could you possibly do with that",,no vision..

Comment

what is your plan for the frame? are you going to set it on a modern frame or save the old? I may be looking at it wrong but it looks like the frame has some rust damage as well as the mostly missing floor. I would think an s10 or caprice would be a good donor?
          There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
            what is your plan for the frame? are you going to set it on a modern frame or save the old? I may be looking at it wrong but it looks like the frame has some rust damage as well as the mostly missing floor. I would think an s10 or caprice would be a good donor?
            The only frame damage in the back area just past front leaf hanger,,I found on C.L. two back frame rails $50,
            ,I hate the look of the s10 frames up front,,im removing cross member and boxing it in,have a straight axle kit.I want to do it spring under,,not to high,,kind of a two lane blacktop 55 stance..a lot less weight also..

Comment

Nice!!!!
              There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by Ohio Paul View Post
                I love all the words of encouragement,thanks,you all have great vision,some of my buddies come in the shop and look at her like "what could you possibly do with that",,no vision..
                We got a 70 Caddy to derby.. By the time we stripped it, it looked very much like your car.. Just waiting for a show that will allow us to re-floor it.. Most think we are gonna tank it when we do....
                You'll do alright...

Comment

With every scabbed in patch,,It keeps getting stronger ,,my camera phone dyed,,this is different camera..
                  Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Moving my way to the back,It will be Improvisational Fabrication.

Comment

You are getting somewhere! Looking good! Keep plugging away!

Comment

wow - that picture was actually HUGE!
                            Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Ohio Paul View Post
                              Moving my way to the back,It will be Improvisational Fabrication.
                              Is their another kind?

Dan

Comment

I'm really really enjoying this thread. What is it about saving one from the grave in a sensible way that just hooks me?

Awesome work!
                                Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Working...
                                X