No announcement yet.

Turbo-4 '89 Mustang roadrace coupe.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Turbo-4 '89 Mustang roadrace coupe.

Glad to hear it. Now get it to the track!!

Have I mentioned I love this car?

Comment

I hear you.

Dieselgeeks coming out in a couple weeks to give the tuning a buff and polish. When that's done we should be race ready. Right now we're looking at a two hour enduro at Thunderhill on May 22nd. Roger and I will drive. It would be nice to get to an open test before hand, we still don't have a handle on fuel consumption.

Comment

Cool...this car rocks.

Comment

Spark Plugs, or more in point, reading them can teach us alot about an engines health.

Good to hear that the gremlins have been chased out of town.

I want to hear that chainsaw, skin a V-8's ass raw at the next race!

Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Comment

this thread was a great read, sucked me in and i read all 10 pages, LOL, cant wait for more !
            Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

damn cool indeed
              terry

Comment

Wow, how did this get to 10 pages.

Picked up some braces for the COT splitter install. I've got a lot on my plate over the next couple of weeks, but I'd like to get it installed. The things are huge, 7" deep. Most of the reading I've done state that the benefits start to drop like a rock after 4".

I'm going to work it over so that I can easily change the depth of the splitter. I was thinking about making it adjustable from 2" to 4". We then trim the aero balance with the wing.

More downforce is better!!

Comment

The "Geekster" has been here and left. We had a great time this last weekend dynoing engines and cars. Scott, I don't care what other people say about you, you are the MAN!! ;D Scott is one of the nicest guys I've met and can't wait until we can get together again.

We flogged the hell out of the car, heating it up until the exhaust mani glowed. No issues. DG put a great tune on the car, helping its fuel efficiency immensely, although I did not allow him to tune out the fantastic blue flames that come out of the exhaust on decel. Yeah I know it'd help with a bit more fuel economy but I just dig 'em.

Comment

Got any video? I peruse youtube for some CMC, AI, and AIX stuff once in a while and I never get to see any 4cyl cars. I like the different approach youre taking to the class.
                    Dustin in Pennsylvania

Comment

we took video at the dyno - I should have it up in the next day or two... the car is awesome, we flogged it "endurance style" and it did not miss a beat. You can roast marshmallows on the exhaust after WOT for minutes at a time... but it lives and works perfectly! I have a feeling that this could be one of those "we got a new set of rules next year" cars.

Bob, I had an absolutely awesome time this weekend. Thanks a ton for letting me help a little on one of the coolest turbo-4 cars anywhere. It wasn't on my bucket list, but - being around both this effort, and the Huber team, really are an enthusiasts dream.

For what it's worth, I've "known" Bob on the internet for something like 4 or 5 years as he's built this whole car from the ground up - including a lot of nightmares getting the electronics and powertrain controls sorted out. When I got there, ALL the gremlins were already gone, the car just needed a buff & polish on the tuneup.

I can't wait to hear how the car performs. There's still a lot that Bob and Scott (Courtney, his electronics/wiring genius pal) have to work out: suspension, handling, etc - stuff that mot of us ignore. LOTS of hurdles to build a truly good road car, and this one has all the makings - and a circle of really great people surrounding it.

Had way too much fun this weekend - again, thanks! video coming soon,
                      -Scott
                      www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Update? Is this beast on the track yet? Wanna-be racers want to know...

Comment

Originally posted by ecniv
                          Update? Is this beast on the track yet? Wanna-be racers want to know...
                          The man speaks the truth!
                          Dustin in Pennsylvania

Comment

Sorry guys, I've got a crap load of pics to post and been having computer problems. I'll get to it this week. Suffice it to say that the test day was...eventful.

We're waiting for the video of the dyno session to be posted. I hope we'll see it soon. But with the guys on PT, maybe not. It should be good.

Comment

sorry, I've been the holdup on the video!!

Can't seem to find the narrative, or text, to go along with it to explain what I am doing. i started over from scratch on it, and it's rendering right now. Should have a simple versin of it up in a day or two. Basically, we flogged the piss out of it on the dyno to exorcise any and all tune issues. It went well!

Sit tight. Almost done,
                              -Scott
                              www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Uh sorry bud, didn't know. Take what ever time you need.

Comment

Working...
                                X