Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shelty
    replied
    got spark plugs and dumped a few gallons of ethanol free 93 octane in (small little mom/pop gas station 3 miles from my house sells it)

and....

she runs, well sorta.

she runs as long as you keep the RPMs up. so I used that opportunity to break in the cam.

she wont hold idle, and she will backfire through the carb AND the exhaust, so I need to play with the timing and possibly adjust the carb. and put more gas in it, because It ate a bit of gas breaking in.

I know a few people who can give me a hand with that so I dont break anything. but she sounds pretty good, which makes me happy. only leak ive found is a vacuum leak, I hear air hissing at the brake booster, so I need to replace the seal where the hose goes to the engine.

but we have a running car!

Leave a comment:

• Shelty
    replied
    got busy over the weekend as some parts showed up.

-Fuel lines plumbed.
    -battery installed
    -TV bracket and linkage installed.
    -return spring installed
    -Throttle linkage hooked up.
    -alternator installed
    -inspection cover installed (after a little bit of trimming)
    all vacuum hoses installed

primed the motor, making 60lbs of oil pressure cranking over according to my old sunpro

need to get spark plugs... and gas. I forgot I basically ran the tank down to empty on the old motor.

Leave a comment:

• Shelty
    replied
    nice! yeah progress has been up and down on this ol' bucket lol. finally got the rad hoses sorted out, and the engine partially filled with coolant. it only took 2 tries with the lower rad hose lol. pcv hooked up as well.

Leave a comment:

• Huskinhano
    replied
    Nice progress.I've been so busy lately.my son was getting married, he lives in Havre de Grace. Now to get back into the swing of things. I work out of state during the week and it totally sucks getting anything done on my car. I think this past weekend I got the old exhaust headers off my GT40P motor and got the motor bracket bolted on for the engine stand. That was a good weekend for me car wise.

Leave a comment:

• Shelty
    replied
    passenger header on, got the new battery cables on. upper rad hose is replaced, lower one I got from autozone was too short, so I returned it. list is getting short.

TV cable kit -ordered
    trans inspection cover-ordered
    tighten driver side motor mount (im lazy and havnt done it)
    spark plugs
    battery
    install alternator
    ground straps for motor
    lower rad hose
    coolant
    plumb fuel lines to pump and then from pump to carb
    return spring for carb

much shorter than it was last time I made a list.
    Last edited by Shelty; October 9, 2015, 05:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Shelty
    replied
    got the radiator on, starters done, decided to return the summit starter and get a stock starter for a corvette as suggested by Scott. worked out better than expected. and once the summit one is returned, ill be ahead by a few bucks since the Napa starter was cheaper.

some plumbing was also done.

I need to get a bolt for the header as I lost one.

its getting there

Leave a comment:

• Shelty
    replied
    got the radiator back from the shop, checked out ok, so its going back in. I need to paint it, since most of the original paint has fallen off the tanks. but, this dumb hurricane is putting a damper on that.... waiting to put in the passenger side header on until I figure out the starter wiring, then its just coming down to small stuff like hoses and fluids and the TV cable plate. stupid hurricane caused an overtime assignment to be cancelled, lost out 13 hrs of OT so I might need to push back getting her running a week or two. pushing for end of the month... mostly just waiting on budget.

Leave a comment:

• Shelty
    replied
    lol yeah. the wedding was fun, ran out of beer, but they did go get more so that was a plus.....

no pics cuz I forgot, but I got the fuel pump mounted and the starter, now I have to figure out the wiring part of that, the old starter had different terminals.... so theres that.

Leave a comment:

• 68scott385
    replied
    Originally posted by Shelty View Post

I wore gloves.... I got smart finally haha

funny thing is I made it to the wedding by the skin of my teeth. like rolled up 1 min before the music started.

on a good note, got the driver side header fully mounted, gasket and everything, painted a few parts and got the water pump on. I also found the missing bolts from the power steering pump.
    Glad to see your priorities are in order......

Leave a comment:

• Deaf Bob
    replied
    nope, wasnt the best man lol.

They also ran out of beer at the reception....which made for a sad me....
    That is when you beat it!

Leave a comment:

• Shelty
    replied
    nope, wasnt the best man lol.

They also ran out of beer at the reception....which made for a sad me....

Leave a comment:

• Scott Liggett
    replied

funny thing is I made it to the wedding by the skin of my teeth. like rolled up 1 min before the music started.

on a good note, got the driver side header fully mounted, gasket and everything, painted a few parts and got the water pump on. I also found the missing bolts from the power steering pump.

Unless you are the best man, you were right on time.

Leave a comment:

• Shelty
    replied
    Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
    Yes show up to the wedding with dirt under your nails.

Leave a comment:

• Scott Liggett
    replied
    Yes show up to the wedding with dirt under your nails.

Leave a comment:

• Shelty
    replied
    thanks. yeah those things are a pretty penny lol. I think the ones Ive got are just fine.... i.e I already own them haha.

my parts arrived today, gonna paint the fuel pump and get to work installing a few things, like the water pump, headers etc.

Ive got a little time tomorrow morning before my friend's wedding, so I can knock a few bits out.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X