Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does your car need b4 the power tour?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If anyone can give it a proper workout, it’s Allen. His wagon is one of the most righteous rides on HRPT!
    Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

• Thanks for the complements but those arms are the ones that were repaired and will not be going on PT. I have shipped them off to have new ones custom fabricated since they are no longer available from Art Morrison. I have been told I will have new ones in a couple weeks (plus shipping). Then will need to get them powdercoated before I can start working on the setup. I suspect it will take me a week to figure out the correct configuration and get the car squared up and aligned properly. I do all this in my garage and it takes me quite a bit of time to get it right

Comment

• Up until last Wednesday I thought all the olé Goat needed was a wax job. Tracking down an engine noise I found I need a new crankshaft and main bearing cap. Pretty much a complete overhaul! I need to send the replacement crank out for polishing and balance. The block and cap will require a line bore. Timewise those 2 jobs are out of my hands. I can for see some late nights coming up in May.
        ​​​​
        John 'n Kathy ('65 GTO)
        Western North Carolina

"I'd rather do it than watch it"

Comment

• i need a roof. working on that now.

hey, so i'm driving an open roadster, no doors, not lockable. i'm not worried about HRPT event security or problems, but motels. i have a lockable trunk but i can't prevent people from climbing in. obviously i don't leave anything in the car but wondering about random experiences in random motel parking lots on the tour.

does any one use CB on the tour? i have a 60 year old vintage CB (HUGE. TUBE RADIO. stealable?) i'm wondering if i should bring, or leave home.

Comment

• I think security at night will depend entirely on where you stay. Some hotels provide security, some don't. We use the little hand-held walkie-talkies, but most of our cars are so loud they barely work. Primarily we use the 'see and follow' method. The tour breaks up and small groups travel together, so everybody in that little group will usually, USUALLY, need a pit stop around the same time, then of course, there are the ice cream shops.................
            Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
            HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• Originally posted by tomicdesu View Post
              i need a roof. working on that now.

hey, so i'm driving an open roadster, no doors, not lockable. i'm not worried about HRPT event security or problems, but motels. i have a lockable trunk but i can't prevent people from climbing in. obviously i don't leave anything in the car but wondering about random experiences in random motel parking lots on the tour.

does any one use CB on the tour? i have a 60 year old vintage CB (HUGE. TUBE RADIO. stealable?) i'm wondering if i should bring, or leave home.
              Hotel Security is normally not a problem. Most guys are out in the lot just lounging out. Drinking and talking til the wee hours in the morning. And as the other guy said, u won't b able to hear those walkies while ur driving....in our group, we normally text or call the lead guy to say pit stop 4 gas or potty break...
              69 SS

Comment

• Replaced my ignition cylinder on the column and now My turn signal and flasher fuse continues to blow. .What gives...So now it's wire tracing time from the column.....possible pinch somewear...
                69 SS

Comment

• yeah, i'm yanking the CB. though it works as well as a radio from 1962 ever did, it's probably more of a liability than asset. yeah, my car is too loud too, wind noise if nothing else. simple is better. thanks all.

Comment

• Originally posted by papasmurf587 View Post
                    Up until last Wednesday I thought all the olé Goat needed was a wax job. Tracking down an engine noise I found I need a new crankshaft and main bearing cap. Pretty much a complete overhaul! I need to send the replacement crank out for polishing and balance. The block and cap will require a line bore. Timewise those 2 jobs are out of my hands. I can for see some late nights coming up in May.
                    ​​​​
                    Oh no!
                    1967 Chevrolet C10 SWB - 350/700R/3.73
                    1965 Ford Mustang - 289/T5/3.25
                    1968 Pontiac Firebird - Project Rusty Chicken

2014 HRPT Short Haul; 2015, 2016, & 2018 HRPT Long Hauler

Comment

• Oil change radiator flush and a good look over and cleaned up
                      Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

• Should have had the radiator cleaned when the engine was out last year. Still need my limited slip installed that I bought at last year's swap meet that is this weekend.

Comment

• 56 needs spare tire that is usable. New fuel pump and turn signals fixed again. New rear shocks with coils rear hub cap fixed to match the rest.
                          I got the thrid brake light installed tonight!
                          Retirement is better than I thought!

Comment

• Got my big brake kit installed on the Marauder. Shelby GT500 rotors, Corvette calipers and pads, custom brackets and lines...

So I think I'm caught up, other than needing a detail...badly.
                            2003 Marauder (HRPT 2014, 2018)
                            1962 C-10 (2019 HRPT - now sold)
                            1991 Country Squire (2023 HRPT?)

Comment

• Looks good Adam. I told Dad you might be texting him.
                              I R Bob
                              You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                              2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

• If you don't register by June 1st, the price goes up. And its already too high.

Comment

Working...
                                X