No announcement yet.

ECTA HAS A TRACK!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Things are a bit different these days, assuming they use the same systems we had in Ohio. As you know, they bought FM equipment so Brian can keep up a running commentary. I think it's a whole different spectator experience. I'm actually thinking of installing an FM radio in Mutts' rear so we can listen in the staging lanes. The battery is already back there and a magnetic base antenna should do the trick.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
      Things are a bit different these days, assuming they use the same systems we had in Ohio. As you know, they bought FM equipment so Brian can keep up a running commentary. I think it's a whole different spectator experience. I'm actually thinking of installing an FM radio in Mutts' rear so we can listen in the staging lanes. The battery is already back there and a magnetic base antenna should do the trick.

Dan
      Brian's commentary coming inside the car, yeah. That's a must-hear. That makes it 20 times better just waiting in line. That makes waiting in line even a pleasure, just hearing what's going on. That's the color in a color TV right there.
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post

Russell, Dan and Dan, again, y'all have a place to stop right here. But if you all show up at the same time, somebody will be sleeping on the floor!
        Thanks only one problem , it"s 400 to Bytheville Arkansas . 430 to your house .
        ​ 370 from your house to Bytheville= 800 total one way
        Last edited by Dan Barlow; October 26, 2017, 12:51 PM.
        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

This is the video I was trying to find. Turns out, I'd never published it to anywhere. This is the record run in F/FSS class that still stood when they closed the books at Ohio.

This run looks just like the other one, the point being, listen to what Al says at the start line when he's getting Bluebelle staged up. HAHAHAHAHAAH!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pumpkin View Post

Probably going to be better air in September, need a substitute crew chief/beer consumer?
            So Pumpkin survived the storm?
            Never heard if she/he did... Or not

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post

So Pumpkin survived the storm?
              Never heard if she/he did... Or not
              Good point, I didn't hear either.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
                Now, wait a minute.......it's.....I need a map. And I also need a 2018 calendar, big enough for me to see.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
                  It looks like you are only 30 miles out of the way for me so a lay over might work out well.
                  http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                  1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                  ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Russell View Post

It looks like you are only 30 miles out of the way for me so a lay over might work out well.
                    Let me retract that offer for April, prior commitments. June and September, yes. I'll probably be going then too, both times, we can convoy. We'd love to have you here.

Comment

I loved Maxton ... 7-hours, driveway to runway, every time.
                      Wilmington was over 15-hours and Bytheville, Arkansas is 13-1/2 hours, so not much better for me.

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post

Good point, I didn't hear either.
                        Not a scratch!
                        "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Negotiations are in effect to partner with a friend who has a Cobalt SS with the supercharged 2.0 sitting around collecting dust. Add safety gear for 175, one of the stage 3 kits from ZZP a bottle of happy gas to make up for the small displacement, figure out a trailer and go do something really stupid.

Comment

6 hrs from the house
                            6 hrs from the lake
                            If it doesn't conflict with HRPT in June might be a road trip in our future!
                            Last edited by corvettedad; October 27, 2017, 10:51 PM.
                            Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                            If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Originally posted by corvettedad View Post
                              6 hrs from the house
                              6 hrs from the lake
                              If it doesn't conflict with HRPT in June might be a road trip in our future!
                              Shit! We derby 4-8 hrs away 2X a year.. Used to go up and back but now with 5 girls going under 11 yrs old... Overnights now.

Comment

Working...
                              X