Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbies Introduce Yourself Here .. Welcome !

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RE: Intro
    Hello, my name is Rob and I'm from Victoria, BC, Canada.
    I have a 1964 Acadian Wagon hobby car. I am very slowly (as time and money will allow) making it into a late 60's-70's style mild custom. I plan for a more detailed engine compartment, interior work, body work, and some custom paint, especially for the roof, like metal flake, lace, and 70's style pinstriping. I'm having lots of fun with my Acadian!

Comment

• Originally posted by acadian_carguy View Post
      RE: Intro
      Hello, my name is Rob and I'm from Victoria, BC, Canada.
      I have a 1964 Acadian Wagon hobby car. I am very slowly (as time and money will allow) making it into a late 60's-70's style mild custom. I plan for a more detailed engine compartment, interior work, body work, and some custom paint, especially for the roof, like metal flake, lace, and 70's style pinstriping. I'm having lots of fun with my Acadian!

Uhm, BUILD THREAD PLEASE
      http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

• Hi everyone!
        My name is Derek, I'm from Chilliwack, BC, Canada. I don't have a whole lot of gearhead experience, but I bought my 1971 GMC pickup as a shell back in 2009 when I was 15, and with the help of a friend, built it for when I got my drivers license at 17. It's powered by a warmed-up 350 and sits on air bags. I'm very busy most of the time with full-time school and part-time work, but working on my truck has always been my really relaxing hobby/obsession. I daily drive it in the summer, and park it for the winter.
        I've been visiting Bangshift daily for a couple of years now, I love the content they put out every day. I only recently discovered this forum, and decided to document my brother and I's winter build: a 1992 BMW 318is that we are swapping a Ford 5.0 into. I hope you guys like it! I'll start the build thread when I can get some pictures up. Cheers!
        Derek

Comment

• Welcome to the MadHouse Derek !

Comment

• Originally posted by White Monster View Post
            Welcome to the MadHouse Derek !
            Thanks White Monster!

Comment

• Welcome aboard Derek......be careful here.....there are some CRAZY FOLKS lurking around this place!
              Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
              The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

• Originally posted by White Monster View Post
                Welcome to the MadHouse Derek !
                Hi Derek! I'm late on the greet, but welcome! I spent some time in Canada on work assignments. I never really got used to driving on the left side of the road up there. People blew their horn at me and shot me the bird stuff. I guess because they knew I was a Redneck. What's up with that?
                Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

• Hi guys, my name is Scott Taylor. If you've seen any Scotty's Garage videos on YouTube, we'll that's me. I also work for Street Machine magazine which is Australia's largest modified car magazine. I'm a long time drag racer and car modifier and I also shoot competition handguns (ipsc) which is a lot of work down under with our restrictive gun laws.

Comment

• Magnums and Magnums...Both Work for me!!Welcome... What's your ride??
                    Patrick & Tammy
                    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Welcome blownhemi....keeps us up on what's happening down under
                      Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
                      The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

• Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
                        Magnums and Magnums...Both Work for me!!Welcome... What's your ride??
                        Got a few. I had to move about 12 months ago so I consolidated down to just A body Mopar stuff. Specifically Aussie A body Mopars. We got some pretty cool stuff that wasn't available in the US. At the moment I've got two wagons and a Ute, but when we get the new house and shed sorted I'm hoping to get a Dart or Cuda. In my position with Street Machine I'm currently overseeing the build of a '70 Dart that the magazine is giving away.

Comment

• Great to hear! once again...Updates are welcome!
                          Patrick & Tammy
                          - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Originally posted by blownhemi View Post
                            Got a few. I had to move about 12 months ago so I consolidated down to just A body Mopar stuff. Specifically Aussie A body Mopars. We got some pretty cool stuff that wasn't available in the US. At the moment I've got two wagons and a Ute, but when we get the new house and shed sorted I'm hoping to get a Dart or Cuda. In my position with Street Machine I'm currently overseeing the build of a '70 Dart that the magazine is giving away.
                            Is the Ute a Holden? Would love to get my hands on one of those!
                            Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
                            Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

• It's a shame that they'll stop making Holden utes soon. They're a nice thing to drive, like having a Pontiac GTO with a pickup bed. Ford also made a pretty nicest too. The latest version had a limited run of Supercharged Coyote V8s, lots of fun to drive.

Comment

• Hey BS, I'm Stew Kilkenny from New Carlisle, OH. I first was lead to BangShift after my uncle in San Diego sent me a link about what was happening at Dragway 42. Long story short I grew up in the area around Dragway 42, my granddad used to own the house at the corner or Jeffery Rd and US 42 20 years ago before he moved. This year on September 11th he passed away and during the funeral procession, we went past the drag strip where he had raced in the late 50's and 60's, as well as pulled his trucks and tractors taking several points championships with the West Salem Tractor Pullers Association.

I grew up working on stuff with my granddad, his antique tractors he collected, his old pickup trucks and sometimes maintenance on his semi before he retired from driving. I have the last truck he bought before he started to get sick which is my '88 1ton. I'm working on getting it running and road worthy again and would love to take it down to Kilkare and run brackets with it just for fun.

Stew K.

2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer LS 4x4 4.2 L6 Stock DD
                                1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser Adopt-A-Whale
                                1988 Chevrolet R30 Custom Deluxe L05 3L80 C&C
                                1974 Chevrolet Corvette 350/TH400 (Garage Art)

Comment

Working...
                                X