Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbies Introduce Yourself Here .. Welcome !

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Mark, welcome to the forum. Do you have any knowledge about marketing cars for sell over there?
    Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
    The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

• hello, my name is Justin. Im right smack dab in the middle of Missouri. Planning on going on the power tour 2015! Looks like a bunch of good info here

Comment

• Hi Justin! If you haven't discovered it yet, there is a whole board devoted to the Power Tour. What kind of Ford do you drive?
        Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
        Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

• I'm Chuck Fasst, a GearHead up here in the NW for over 40 yrs. I have a '69 Camaro - the Flying Dutchman. I do camera work and I'm interested in Hooning ... whatever that is. I produced a documentary on the subject which can be found here: http://gearheadsworld.blogspot.com/2...ts-get-on.html

I would like to see a meetup between the GearHeads and the Ken Block Hoonigans

Comment

• I have a 1980 fairmont futura.

Comment

• Welcome to the madhouse Chuck & BlueOval !

Comment

• Originally posted by blueovalforever View Post
                I have a 1980 fairmont futura.
                You're kidding!!! My mom bought a brand new 1978 Fairmont about a year after I got my driver's license. It was white with maroon interior!
                Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
                Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

• I love this car. Original on the outside. It is going on the power tour 2015! Its a 5 spd so its fun to drive

Comment

• Welcome Justin (blueovalforever) sorry to hear that you have that dreaded blue oval affection, hopefully we can help you recover from it here, elcaminogirl59 has worked wonders with others with same problem
                    Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
                    The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

• Hello BangShift!

I thought I had better sign up on here since this has rapidly become my favourite website for all things fast.

My name's Will, I'm from a town called Bury St Edmunds in Suffolk in the United Kingdom. Since I can remember I have been into all things automotive and the faster the better! I am a big fan of Hot Rod Drag Week and anything covered by the BangShift guys in terms of 1/4 mile racing and I can often be found getting my drag racing fix at the the 'Pod (Santa Pod Raceway) which is about an hour's drive from my house. I am eternally jealous of the US and its myriad of drag strips and high profile drag racing coverage.

Car-wise, I'm somewhat unconventional, I've got a Mazda RX8 for track days and some racing that I hope to make more of a serious machine in the next year and I have a couple of diesel cars for daily driving. Sadly there aren't many proper muscles cars in the UK although a guy at the end of my street does have a 1970 Plymouth Barracuda Chassis in his garage and a Chevy II Nova on his drive, this is very much an exception! In owning the RX8 and a couple of other Rotaries, I've ended up knowing more than is probably healthy about the Wankel engine and its shortcomings (and advantages).

Outside of cars, I'm a recent veteran of the Royal Navy and now a trainee Maths Teacher, I play American Football for a local team (the Bury Saints, look us up on FB if you want!) and have an obscene number of pets (14 at last count).

Comment

• welcome!

Comment

• Welcome to the forum Will ... while working in England, I visited Bury St Edmunds Abbey and Cathedral. My Brother-in-Law lives in Margate down in Kent. Small world, huh ?

Comment

• Indeed it is small. Made smaller by common interests and the like.

Comment

• Welcome aboard mate.
                              Phil / Omaha

Comment

• Hello, my name is Scott Taylor, most people call me Scotty t. i'm a lifelong hot rodder, no racing, just a street car guy. i'm looking to expand my internet world, wanting to get away from some of the ugliness of yellow bullet and expand my horizons from the HAMB. i like everything from the twenties up modern cars.

Comment

Working...
                                X