Weight Loss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weight Loss

Anyone else want to loose weight? I gained about 7 pounds over the hollidays! Those should come off pretty easy. I would like to get down to about 180. Got on the scale this morning 209.2!

Move more, eat less junk, drink less. These are not easy for me sitting on my butt, Eatting cookies, and drinking beer are three of my favoriate things.
    http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
    1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
    ​​​​​​

I've taken off about 22 lbs. over the past year or so. Mostly, eat less, move more. Sorry I don't have a magic formula.

Dan

Comment

Dan, not looking for a Magic Formula, I believe you just need to use more than you intake. Can be done by moving more, eatting less or some combination of the two.

Anyone else want to loose?

PB 60' 1.49
      ​​​​​​

Comment

I lost some weight a year ago, trying to keep it off is hard work. Eating whole food as much as possible vs. processed food, and not drinking soda, were both helpful. Keeping moving is a big help too.
        My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

I need to make exercise a priority again I'm no couch potatoe - but doing the typical work we all do around the shop and house does not take the place of cardio - even 20-30 minutes a day. I have the treadmill, bike, soloflex, bench, and dumbells - what I lack is the motivation to put them to good use.
          There's always something new to learn.

Comment

I'm at 206 and want to get back down to 175. I've done it before and I can do it again. Starting is hard enough but when you hit the wall 2 weeks in it's even harder to keep going. You have to be mentally ready to make a commitment and find some kind of motivation to keep going.
            Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

Looking to drop about 20 lbs myself. My GF has plenty of honey-do's for me that keep me more active than before I met her. She is also a great cook and pays attention to the quality of the food, health-wise. We started mountain biking last summer and hope to pick up that again in the spring. Biking in sub-freezing temps is not my bag...

Ron
              It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Originally posted by Russell View Post
                Dan, not looking for a Magic Formula, I believe you just need to use more than you intake. Can be done by moving more, eatting less or some combination of the two.

Anyone else want to loose?
                working in the cold is as fast as anyone can lose.

The only time I could not keep up with myself...that is amazing calorie burn. Hard excersize/work in the cold.

Today the heat static'd off (its like an overload due to arctic)..burned food while sleeping. ...off to eat a small cow right now.
                Previously boxer3main
                the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Not really in the need to lose weight, maybe redistribute some of it.
                  Last edited by nesabo; January 2, 2013, 10:07 AM.
                  Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by boxer3main View Post
                    working in the cold is as fast as anyone can lose.

The only time I could not keep up with myself...that is amazing calorie burn. Hard excersize/work in the cold.

Today the heat static'd off (its like an overload due to arctic)..burned food while sleeping. ...off to eat a small cow right now.
                    closest thing I have heard of to a Magic Formula, take the extra blanket off the bed, shiver the weight off

PB 60' 1.49
                    ​​​​​​

Comment

Im in on this...

Giving up Soda (again), fast food, and frozen pizzas. Starting my workout tapes again, and gym at elast 4 nights a week...

currently at around 225, at just over 6' .... want to get back down to my HS weight (205)
                      Local person
                      sigpic

Comment

I'm trying to get back to my original weight

7lbs 8oz
                        Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

I'm looking to gain back the weight I lost over the last three months.

(ducking and dodging hate darts shooting my way)
                          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
                            I'm trying to get back to my original weight

7lbs 8oz

OMG that's funny!

I'm at 190 and would like to drop around 10 lbs. but that's hard to do in an Illinois Winter, yeah I've got the Teadmill, Eliptical trainer, also a stepper but the motivation isn't there, I'd rather be working outside or go for a long walk but that's no fun on Ice. I wear a Pedometer which is a Motivator and I can average 10,000 steps a day but I think you need to get up in the 15,000 to 20,000 range to make any sufficient gains?
                            sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

Im in the same boat as you Russell. Wieghed in at 210 this morning after the holidays up 5, looking to get to 180-185. Doctor also wants me to drop 60 points off my cholesterol, thats a real PITA. As mentioned Illinois in the winter time makes it rough for outdoor activities in the evening. The wife and I still manage to get a three mile walk in at least 3 times a week. It was a walk/jog until I got tendanitus in my knee, once that clears up its back to jogging. Stopped with the caffinated pop two weeks ago and dropping pop altogether this week. Im hoping small steps will make the difference. Working 10-10.5 hours a day sure cuts into the motivation too.

Comment

Working...
                              X