No announcement yet.

Favorite car that one of your parent's owned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Mom had one of these White with Red interior...
    Click image for larger version

Name:	images[5].jpg
Views:	1
Size:	9.6 KB
ID:	872027
    That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

nerdmobiles

Comment

This is a tuff one.. I'd have to pick 2 now that I'm older, as a teen I wanted my dads 1977 Cutlass "s" with 442 tail lights,rocket 350, red bucket seat,console interior power windows/locks tilt,with 1979-80 w-30 alum wheels, painted tutone g.m. metallic black and silver with matching silver half vinyl roof. That car came home in 1978 as a recovered theft on the gas station hook (1977 f-350 holmes wrecker(brown metallic) car was white with red chevelle racing stripes when it came to the house.. This is the one I begged for, and worked summers at the gas station to earn, but parents thought I'd wreck it. as I was the speedfreak, so my brother got it, and put it 30feet up in the tree's in Marshfield,ma.

the 2nd would be his 1973 cutlass it was a brown metallic with gold pinstripe with olds rally wheels bucket seats want to say white interior but can't remember, no idea what was under the hood,but those duals sounded sweet..
        The 66 impala before these in light blue metallic was nice also but wasn't a fan as much as the olds.. might have everything to do when you start wanting the real thing over the hotwheels, lol.
        other cars they had that would be nice to have was the 68 caprice, the mid 70's levi's fishbowl, my grandmas 1974 duster, Ah, to dream sorry, SBG I can't stop at one .
        Cars I'd never want that they had. 80 caprice wagon, 78 buick (nova clone) what a p.o.s. ,84 f-250 460 intertrashional diesel, and that about covers it. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
          I had one of those for about a day - a friend needed a car, so I bought it, sold it to him, he drove it, and told me he didn't want it or his money back... it was ssssssllllooowwwww.

I didn't want it back, so we decided to give it to someone we both really didn't like much - she loved it and probably still has it.
          it was probably just the N/A 1.7L VW single barrel carb engine that made a whopping 70hp

there was also a carb 2.2 chrysler engine that made 86hp and the mitsu turbo was 120 or 130 still slow
          Last edited by Mater; August 27, 2013, 12:17 PM.
          Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
          Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

my dad had a 70 pontiac executive safari wagon we all loved ...400 2 bbl

Comment

my dad had some really neat cars but this is the one I grew up in...Ours was black with the white stripe...I would give a few body parts to own one...Have not seen one in close to 20 years. there was a Blue and White one around here then it vanished.

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by Mater View Post
                it was probably just the N/A 1.7L VW single barrel carb engine that made a whopping 70hp

there was also a carb 2.2 chrysler engine that made 86hp and the mitsu turbo was 120 or 130 still slow
                it was also an automatic...
                Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Wish my dad was a car guy
                  he was a financial wizard and a golfer
                  retired at 56 ...GET IT !!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
                    nerdmobiles
                    Are you dissin my Mom's Car?
                    That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

I am so completely digging this thread! Because it reminds me how I got decades behind on car loving stuff.

Because my parents were Ward and June Cleaver and only ever owned 4-door cardboard boxes.
                      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

68 Satellite he bought brand new.....and totaled out in 69. Made me a car guy. I could spot Road Runners and mile away. Before that the only car I knew was a mustang. Second would be the 69 Belvadeer. This car was a stripper. Rubber floormats ! It looked more like a Road runner since it didn't have all the shinny trim. I liked the 68 just a hair better as it had those cute little round side marker lights instead of the big rectangle ones.
                        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
                          I am so completely digging this thread! Because it reminds me how I got decades behind on car loving stuff.

Because my parents were Ward and June Cleaver and only ever owned 4-door cardboard boxes.
                          you're too hard on your parents, Pdub.... my grandparents were the anti-thesis to cars; yet to their credit the 50 Buick Sedanettes that my dad and I own are directly from their car purchases (my dad's first car was a 50 Buick Sedanette he got from his dad because his dad couldn't fix it when it broke). Those same grandparents had a Chevy II crew cab that would be hyper cool today; and my 67 Camaro had the motor from my grandpa's last car - a 66 396 Caprice more door... so no, many many people owe their car existence to those who would be the quintessential Camry owners today....
                          my love of all things diesel, and VW diesels - comes from my grandpa's rabbit.... again, car folks? no, but even if they're the polar opposite of you - you got good things from them.... perhaps your need for speed might have fallen from the family tree?

Ask any kid that likes rice - their first Honda came from mom and dad or their grandparents...
                          Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; August 27, 2013, 02:05 PM.
                          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

See my avatar. By far my most favorite car of all time and the most influential for me.

Comment

Nothing
                              STUGOTS

Comment

Originally posted by LORENSWIFE View Post
                                Are you dissin my Mom's Car?
                                Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
                                nerdmobiles
                                One hot chick I lusted after drove one.. She was a skater... Did the skate dance circuit and roller hockey on the boy's team..

Comment

Working...
                                X