No announcement yet.

BLOWER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two thumbs up! Nothing like a new toy that can make adults giggle like little kids enjoy it you all worked hard for it!
    http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
    1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
    ​​​​​​

Comment

• Sue Unit said something important during that short ride....."We're going to have to re-learn the tracks."

That's for sure. A whole new thing. Those Corvettes ain't got a thing up on Red. Not any more. GYAH. That's why we did it, and I'm AMAZED at it. I really am. Kinda like fishing around in the dark for a real long time until somebody finally turns the lights on. And he ain't even tuned. I'll admit and say straight away, I've never driven a car with that much power, but nearly everybody else has. But I haven't. That's just amazing. That's just GYAH. Wow, where have I been? Somewhere else obviously....
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

• I love it. I'm quite proud that I encouraged you into getting the blower - and for that very laugh, you do, sir, have a new car.
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• WHY THE HELL DID I RESIST THE BLOWER SO LONG?

Betcha that crossed your mind!

Good for you both!

Now the nitty gritty that most skip, DO NOT! Get the tune in.. Much more fun!

Comment

• Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
            WHY THE HELL DID I RESIST THE BLOWER SO LONG?
            That's easy DB. It's because I didn't know what I didn't know, regardless of how hard all of y'all were trying to say it. I'm stupid, I'm slow on the uptake. Gosh, that thing is awesome. But I don't want to sound like Jeff Gordon when I say that, just sayin. This is a whole new ball game, it IS. WOW.

Comment

• Hehehe.....I've got a grin a mile wide just watching you two giggle in that video.
              Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Originally posted by pdub View Post
                Sue Unit said something important during that short ride....."We're going to have to re-learn the tracks."
                That's for sure. A whole new thing. Those Corvettes ain't got a thing up on Red. Not any more. GYAH. That's why we did it, and I'm AMAZED at it. I really am. Kinda like fishing around in the dark for a real long time until somebody finally turns the lights on. And he ain't even tuned. I'll admit and say straight away, I've never driven a car with that much power, but nearly everybody else has. But I haven't. That's just amazing. That's just GYAH. Wow, where have I been? Somewhere else obviously....
                Yes, now you get it .. respect the power, then use it to your advantage. Most of those Corvette drivers do not understand the result of a full pedal depression and you watched them dissapear off the track in your rear view mirror. Think about why that happened. Red will handle those road courses like a veteran pro, so make sure you take it slowly in understanding the new torque potential into corners and using your brakes at different points on the track. You are starting all over again, with a Stallion instead of a production mule.

Comment

• Originally posted by STINEY View Post
                  Hehehe.....I've got a grin a mile wide just watching you two giggle in that video.
                  Gosh that was fun! HAHAHAHAHAH!!! That's all I wanted to do today, find out if it leaks, I don't trust who put it together. It seems all is well, we think.

Parts coming your way starting tomorrow Stiney, sans one bolt. I'm sorry I had to use the other stock bolt somewhere during the build. It's the spacer that's weird, that'll be in your hands when it gets there.
                  Last edited by pdub; February 12, 2017, 12:26 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by pdub View Post
                    Red's just barely running. I mean, he's running, but he needs a tune something awful. Even at that.....WOW. Just WOW. A whole new ball game. No, a whole new SPORT.....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!! Grins all around. gosh. WOW.

Oh, by the way, now I can't ban PW for not posting a video ...

Comment

• GYAH. And he's running rough, he ain't even tuned. GYAH. Man, that's just GYAH. Steep learning curve indeed. WOW. That's just....GYAH, never experienced anything like it. Not me, I haven't. Not me, I haven't. That's just GYAH. WOW.

Comment

• I'm SO glad to see you kids having fun! HP in increments of 100's sure makes a difference, doesn't it??!!

Actually, he doesn't seem to be running TOO bad though a tune is, for sure, in order. But he's starting and idling OK and pulling decently.

Dan

Comment

• Originally posted by Monster View Post

Yes, now you get it .. respect the power, then use it to your advantage. Most of those Corvette drivers do not understand the result of a full pedal depression and you watched them dissapear off the track in your rear view mirror. Think about why that happened. Red will handle those road courses like a veteran pro, so make sure you take it slowly in understanding the new torque potential into corners and using your brakes at different points on the track. You are starting all over again, with a Stallion instead of a production mule.

be careful here, Corvette guys do blowers too.... we wouldn't want to set Pdub up for the door-sucking-off that can happen when a Corvette goes by. This does mean war, of course. Heck, I went by a Miata so fast that it turned inside out.
                          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• pdub is the man! That thing sounds good!!!

Comment

• Don't worry Pdub... there are a lot of cars with blowers.... not just the Corvettes.... at which point it's mostly the driver....
                              Patrick & Tammy
                              - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                                If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Working...
                                X