Plastic Fantastic tew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
    Trade that crank and block for an LS motor...you could go old school with a distributor and carb, and get as much power as a big block in a lighter, love to wind package... available from 292 to 454 plus cubes...

but I already have a 6.0 LS motor in my Denali that is slated for the Corvette... this is where the plot thickens. Nice thing about the BBC is I'm not reinventing the wheel - with the LS, I'm on my own for side pipes.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Cram the 'burban 6.2 diesel in Vette, put the 454 in the 'burban, and stick the 6.0 in
      Orangutruck

Comment

Originally posted by tardis454 View Post
        and stick the 6.0 in
        Orangutruck
        not in the Fiat?

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

not in the Fiat?
          Meh, no... You could put the 3.6 motor in the Vette though.

Comment

I'd be lying to say I hadn't thought about that.

Comment

That car would fly with the 3.6. Less weight over the nose might make it steer too...

Comment

but you hit on the problem - I could build the body out of carbon fiber and still be dead last.... the point of the car is to have fun with it, not build a competitive race car.

Comment

I'm just going to set this down here .
                  Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

If I was keeping Orangutruck - I'd put the entire chassis from the denali under it..... imagine, lose 2000 lbs and gain AWD.... maybe even in a short bed. I'd go out and smack the miatas and subarus on the autocross course, or go do a bit of smacking down at Dirtfish .... but Orangutruck is going to my dad, I think, so nothing is happening with it except rust right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
                      I'm just going to set this down here .

I know this is sacrilege but I've never been a fan of Greenwood Corvettes. I think he did great things under the car, but his body kits require that I wear gold chains, never button my shirt, and invest in polyester pants.... no, and not just no, but hell no.

Comment

I'm going to drag Hot Rod, kicking and screaming into a new trend - called "fun cars." FC won't win anywhere but always plaster a grin on your face whenever you drive it. It is not a brand thing, it's a car-lifestyle thing. The criteria for such a car is simply this - how many other people now own a car like yours because of yours. From my old C3, that number is at least 5 people.... will it win at a car show? can you photograph it? not really.... but it's a new thing.

The idea itself came from Roadkill - they ran the ice-LeMons and were commenting that the Lincoln they used was the worst car of all the Roadkill cars. I'm sorry, in all but a few cases it seemed like it was a whole lot of trying to survive rather then actually having fun. The car can be loud or quiet, comfortable or something that gives reconstructive surgeons a case of the grins.... it doesn't matter, it's about having fun with what you got - not about "winning" a race or having the "winning" story about the crapcan that failed to kill you...
                        SuperBuickGuy
                        No Life Outside BangShift.com
                        Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; March 25, 2017, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Aah , the main point is fender flairs and a big block . My love for IMSA flairs ended in '82 .
                          Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Most importantly, it's not about how much you spend - a lot or a little, checkbook or dirtpoor... doesn't matter... are you having fun with what you're doing? learn from each other and lose the attitudes. In other words BangShiftKill
                            SuperBuickGuy
                            No Life Outside BangShift.com
                            Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; March 25, 2017, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

but I already have a 6.0 LS motor in my Denali that is slated for the Corvette... this is where the plot thickens. Nice thing about the BBC is I'm not reinventing the wheel - with the LS, I'm on my own for side pipes.

not reinventing...http://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/...e-headers.html
                              Patrick & Tammy
                              - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

yes, reinventing.... those are custom headers.

Comment

Working...
                                X