Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1969 c-10

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 1969 c-10

    Greetings car nerds, long time no see.

    I'm in a new shop in a new state. I finally brought enough junk from storage in TN to play cars again.

    I have been building furniture and signs for the last 18 months or so since moving. The material prices have slowed business so I snagged a C-10 that popped up.

    I'm not sure if I will keep it or flip it so I'm trying to keep the spending down, but we all know how that goes :-)


    1969 c-10 long bed, Her name is Big Booty Judy.

    61K showing on the odo, I-6, Three on the tree, drum brakes manual steering, and stuck in second gear as I brought her home last weekend.

    She Identifies as a short bed, lean mean machine, so I need to help her out.

    What do the experts think she needs the most?

    I hate the 6 lug, but is the conversion justifiable? The disks would be nice, buuut.

    I have a few hundred dollars of sheet metal patches on the way, bit she is fairly solid.

    On to the the UGLY pics............




    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210711_132610542.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	797.4 KB
ID:	1299796

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210711_132640746.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	672.2 KB
ID:	1299797

  • #2
    I remember this being easier

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210713_192451247.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	224.6 KB
ID:	1299805

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210719_084711160.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	243.2 KB
ID:	1299804

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210719_104222906.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	268.1 KB
ID:	1299802

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210719_154442409.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	224.3 KB
ID:	1299801

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210720_160753246.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	248.8 KB
ID:	1299800
    Attached Files

    Comment


    • #3
      cool, it says to me that it identifies as a twin turbo LS truck with full custom frame.

      Doing it all wrong since 1966

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
        cool, it says to me that it identifies as a twin turbo LS truck with full custom frame.
        HaHa, I knew that was coming. Maybe if she sticks around for a while. My first mission is to make it run and drive dependably .....then the parts collection can commence.

        Comment


        • #5
          Good to see you back. My - put a BBB in it like I did my '80. Tons of torque w/Buick smoothness. The TH400 was good, too (engine and trans from the same donor).

          Dan

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
            Good to see you back. My - put a BBB in it like I did my '80. Tons of torque w/Buick smoothness. The TH400 was good, too (engine and trans from the same donor).

            Dan
            Thanks Dan, I've missed "playing cars". I need stop letting myself get drawn into so much stuff.
            The BBB is solid if one pops up. I'll be scanning the inter webs. I have a sbc 350 in the barn in TN if it comes to that (I know ZZZZZZZ).
            Last edited by DirtyWhiteBoy; July 21, 2021, 04:23 PM.

            Comment


            • #7
              I dug out some more ugly today, Someone has done some fine work on this 'ol girl.

              The holes in the firewall were filled with body filler, and I'm not sure how that rocker panel is staying on the cab

              Now I know why the floors were rusting.

              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210721_163350071.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	390.1 KB
ID:	1299939

              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210721_163407476.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	316.9 KB
ID:	1299938

              Comment


              • #8
                Interesting........

                Dan

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by DirtyWhiteBoy View Post
                  I dug out some more ugly today, Someone has done some fine work on this 'ol girl.

                  The holes in the firewall were filled with body filler, and I'm not sure how that rocker panel is staying on the cab

                  Now I know why the floors were rusting.

                  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210721_163350071.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	390.1 KB
ID:	1299939

                  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210721_163407476.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	316.9 KB
ID:	1299938
                  Weld job looks factory. Seen alot looking like that. All Big 3 were that way once flux was brushed off. Had a Caprice with one weld instead of 4 holding a control arm on.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post

                    Weld job looks factory. Seen alot looking like that. All Big 3 were that way once flux was brushed off. Had a Caprice with one weld instead of 4 holding a control arm on.
                    Looks like you are right Bob.

                    I have had some time getting more friendly with the 'ol girl. I don't think any metal has been replaced...Just some custom caulk and body filler :-)

                    This is my first truck of this style. The cowl has 2" (or bigger) overlapping spot welded seams on each side. This one clearly held water and rotted out the seams.

                    If you are in the market for one, make sure to look at the cowl from under the dash on both sides with a flashlight. You can see the rot from under the dash.

                    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210725_110242533.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	219.5 KB
ID:	1300698

                    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210723_122737565.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	282.0 KB
ID:	1300697

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by DirtyWhiteBoy View Post

                      Looks like you are right Bob.

                      I have had some time getting more friendly with the 'ol girl. I don't think any metal has been replaced...Just some custom caulk and body filler :-)

                      This is my first truck of this style. The cowl has 2" (or bigger) overlapping spot welded seams on each side. This one clearly held water and rotted out the seams.

                      If you are in the market for one, make sure to look at the cowl from under the dash on both sides with a flashlight. You can see the rot from under the dash.

                      Yes, but there's no extra charge!

                      Dan

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by DanStokes View Post

                        Yes, but there's no extra charge!

                        Dan
                        HaHa, correct.

                        I bought it fairly cheap, but maybe not quite the bargain I thought at first. I can't complain, I did drive it onto the trailer.
                        Last edited by DirtyWhiteBoy; July 26, 2021, 06:03 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Oh man ....

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Monster View Post
                            Oh man ....
                            That's "kind of" what I said. :-)

                            Oh well, it's nothing a hack with some cold roll and a mig welder can't deal with. Not pretty, but better than I found it.


                            Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210724_161511270.jpg Views:	2 Size:	211.9 KB ID:	1300810

                            Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210724_162633944.jpg Views:	2 Size:	223.2 KB ID:	1300809
                            Last edited by DirtyWhiteBoy; July 27, 2021, 03:48 PM.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I've had a few more days getting personal with Big Booty Judy. The more I dig, the deeper I need to go.


                              One bite at a time as they say.



                              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210805_103328771.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	168.6 KB
ID:	1302307

                              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210805_120151284.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	179.9 KB
ID:	1302308

                              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210805_123931929.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	235.8 KB
ID:	1302309

                              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210807_120456796.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	195.1 KB
ID:	1302310

                              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210808_110014242.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	183.0 KB
ID:	1302311

                              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210808_143012881.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	153.9 KB
ID:	1302312

                              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210807_130238580.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	267.1 KB
ID:	1302313

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X