PF3 the ultimate C3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PF3 the ultimate C3

As we all know, nothing is real until there are pictures... yeah, a treasure... but given my plans, I don't have to cut up anything someone else would consider 'savable' so there it is. my plan is up after the Blazer is roadworthy.... but there's a lot of stuff that has to happen in the background (such as getting a title - it's not stolen, already did that check) before I even really start on it... key to the entire plan is a new frame based on PF2

yay, crank up windows!

it's a 1968 4 speed car with manual brakes, manual windows. comes with another set of doors. My plan is to raid the Dynamic Corvette website for their carbon fiber body panels and doors. Frame will be new and the dimensions from what's under PF2. Likely a BBC but as I plan on selling frames, I may build it with an LS... (grudgingly). Also it will be a roadster (meaning a convertible body without a soft top).
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

The same idea I had behind the MGB. My B would never be a target for a restorer so I'm fine with cutting it up as needed and adding an Ecotec. I do have a certain morality around good, restorable cars.

Comment

In my opinion - the BIGGEST mistake I made with the wagon - was giving a shit what some restorer/collector would think! And should I decide to build something other that my 66 F250 - I will start with the FINEST example I can afford and cut it up from there!

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
          In my opinion - the BIGGEST mistake I made with the wagon - was giving a shit what some restorer/collector would think! And should I decide to build something other that my 66 F250 - I will start with the FINEST example I can afford and cut it up from there!
          I agree with this notion - however, and in this case, this is easier and a lot cheaper for my plans. As far as it goes, this is all I'd use of a pristine car... more, even. It will be flared as well...

Comment

Have you considered building something a bit out of the ordinary? i was thinking if you are replacing just about everything, why not do something out of the ordinary.

Entry list for competition -
            1. Lamborghini Aventador
            2. Corvette Z06
            3. Ferrari 355
            4. Pontiac 6000?!
            5. Porsche GT3
            6. SBC powered turkey baster?!

I'd like to see the Optima folks faces when they receive an entry for a Pontiac 6000.

Comment

Originally posted by Skeptical View Post
              Have you considered building something a bit out of the ordinary? i was thinking if you are replacing just about everything, why not do something out of the ordinary.

Entry list for competition -
              1. Lamborghini Aventador
              2. Corvette Z06
              3. Ferrari 355
              4. Pontiac 6000?!
              5. Porsche GT3
              6. SBC powered turkey baster?!

I'd like to see the Optima folks faces when they receive an entry for a Pontiac 6000.
              or a 1950 Buick Sedanet with twin turbos on a 455? I think I've got 'odd duck' covered.

Comment

I was Just Thinking about your 1950's Buick always seen in the background of the Project of the Moment............

Not saying when Opportunity Knocks, Answer the Doorbell
                On a "Good Find", that can be a Mouse Shit Hotel just as Well in Your Back Yard.
                But I would have Visions of a KOOL Build on that Buick before another Vette, project.

But it is well documented in the past on this site,
                We have Very Different Philosophies, and
                I have been Tested.....
                "I'm a Binge Drinking Compulsive Collector!"
                so how am I to Judge what Rusty Orphans you Drag Home.

​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Captain View Post
                  I was Just Thinking about your 1950's Buick always seen in the background of the Project of the Moment............

Not saying when Opportunity Knocks, Answer the Doorbell
                  On a "Good Find", that can be a Mouse Shit Hotel just as Well in Your Back Yard.
                  But I would have Visions of a KOOL Build on that Buick before another Vette, project.

But it is well documented in the past on this site,
                  We have Very Different Philosophies, and
                  I have been Tested.....
                  "I'm a Binge Drinking Compulsive Collector!"
                  so how am I to Judge what Rusty Orphans you Drag Home.

​​​​​​
                  it really is my retirement project, at least another 10 years before I can get on it.

but with that said, I know I don't have the skills, yet, to build it - and this Corvette build does 2 things in that effort, first, knowledge to build a custom frame, and money to do so as the plan is to sell the C3 frames...

Comment

so I finally got around to unloading this thing... wow is that a lot of racoon crap.... ah well, I have a final solution for them - don't like 68 C3s? you die. simple. effective. permanent

but 4 speed

gosh is this car rough - and I'm not sure anyone else would be able to do anything with it... there's just enough there but the problem is some of the stuff that needs to be there has seemingly vanished in rust dust

and extra 68 doors

the quail was not impressed

Comment

i have 4spd pedals and a factory 4spd shifter for
                      C3 vettes if you need them, sister......

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

it's a 1968 4 speed car with manual brakes, manual windows.....
                        No power windows......deal breaker .

Just kidding. Any thought to the frame being tubular , as in all of it ?
                        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Working...
                        X