Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• milner351
    replied
    I will see if I can get a picture - they are weld look a likes - made by prime wheel in the usa, I think they are cast aluminum - may not be the easiest to work with.
    I think they are 15x7 but may be narrower than that.

Leave a comment:

• STINEY
    replied
    Okay......questions.

ALuminum fake welds or steel fake welds?

Fronts or rears? Better question may be what size?

They actually only have 4 lug holes? All the Welds I've seen have 2 sets of 4 lug holes for a total of eight.....kind of eats up the available real estate for redrilling. Guess that's why I didn't think of that?

Leave a comment:

• milner351
    replied
    Like I was saying about different wheels front and rear....

I have a pair of weld look alike 4 lug fox wheels - the other two sold - one already has a damaged hub face - if you want to try to re-drill them - stop on by on one of your silver lake runs

Leave a comment:

• STINEY
    replied
    Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
    adapters are cheapISH
    Adapters are common in the VW world.....but since when did the price rise from $35 to $200+? Yikes!

Leave a comment:

• milner351
    replied
    Yea - adaptors front and new axle rear sounds like it will solve a bunch of problems - for that matter - it wouldn't be the end of the world to run oem wheels up front and something else in the rear for a while either.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    adapters are cheap

Leave a comment:

• STINEY
    replied
    Found a good deal on a full set of Welds for a 4 lug FOX, good tires and the rears are drag radials.

With that in mind I set out to see how they would fit.

The TR7 uses a freak (even in British cars) 95.25mm PCD bolt circle. That's 3.75"

A 4 lug FOX is 108mm or 4.5"

Here is a visual. Not even sure if there is room to redrill for a different pattern as the TR7 uses a hub/hat arrangement.

Maybe I should just look for rims that would fit an Explorer 5 lug bolt pattern. Do the 8.8 disc explorer rear swap and run wheel adapters on the front.

Leave a comment:

• TheSilverBuick
    replied
    Last edited by TheSilverBuick; April 11, 2013, 04:41 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    maybe it skipped a generation or 5

Leave a comment:

• STINEY
    replied
    Apparently some deviant genetic make-up has come into play here. Didn't get it from us....
    Last edited by STINEY; April 11, 2013, 12:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• milner351
    replied
    oh snap

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    Obviously from Mrs. Stiney.

Dan

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by STINEY View Post
    Yep, he's a good one. Shows a ton of natural ability too.

Last fall, he decided to take his old Lightning McQueen 10" bicycle apart. No big deal, he couldn't really ride it anymore anyways so apart it came. All him, I did help when he asked me how to get the tires off the rims but the rest was him.

No big deal right? After all, haven't we all torn something apart at some point?

Now he left it on the shop floor all winter long. I hinted a couple of times about what he was going to do with it now, but left it as it wasn't in the way.

So 2 weeks ago, he up and decides to put it back together. This should be good, but that's how we learn, right?

I was floored when he came over to me and asked if I could help, and the only thing he didn't have done was those tires back on the rims and the chain pressed back together. Wow.

I'm turning everything over to the boys. I'm outclassed.
    Where did they learn how to finish a project?

Leave a comment:

• STINEY
    replied
    Yep, he's a good one. Shows a ton of natural ability too.

Last fall, he decided to take his old Lightning McQueen 10" bicycle apart. No big deal, he couldn't really ride it anymore anyways so apart it came. All him, I did help when he asked me how to get the tires off the rims but the rest was him.

No big deal right? After all, haven't we all torn something apart at some point?

Now he left it on the shop floor all winter long. I hinted a couple of times about what he was going to do with it now, but left it as it wasn't in the way.

So 2 weeks ago, he up and decides to put it back together. This should be good, but that's how we learn, right?

I was floored when he came over to me and asked if I could help, and the only thing he didn't have done was those tires back on the rims and the chain pressed back together. Wow.

I'm turning everything over to the boys. I'm outclassed.

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    Great job! I KNEW it had to be possible. You're lucky to have a helper.

Dan

Leave a comment:

Working...
X