Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What tech stories do you want to see from us in 2012?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Low buck anything for sure. I'll take it a step further and add some 4X4 specific stuff. Lockers, off road suspension mods and how about a tool tech segment and even some homemade tools, etc.
    Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

This one would be time consuming and a lot of work/money but, it would be nice to see a performance comparison of the different fuel injection systems, throttle body vs. port injection, self-learning vs. "tweakable", etc...

Also, the forums have a lot of great tech in them. However, the threads get buried and you have to weed through 1000 comments that have nothing to do with the project. It would be great if there were a spot for just the story without all the comments.

Comment

How to convert a Muncie to a TH400 with a 4,000rpm stall converter. You can use my Chevelle as the billy goat.
        Nitrous, baby!!...

Comment

This would go along with a turbo article......I'd like to see where the peak number come in with the motor run naturally aspirated compared to where the peak number come in while under boost.......Basically dyno the motor without the turbos and then dyno it with the turbos and see what effect boost has on the peak power points......

Also wouldn't mind you doing a shoot out with one of those C&S Aerosol carbs............Hell you could even throw one of those self learn EFI setups in the mix........
          Last edited by TC; February 4, 2012, 11:23 AM.

Comment

Drag strip tuning, how to dial in the typical, Holley four barrel, MSD ignition set up for best ET. Then suspension tuning, leaf spring car, and a triangulated four link car, higher power, traction limited situations with different tires, street, Drag Radial, slick.

Nitrous track tuning session, start small get bigger work through the issues that arise. Dial in a progressive,

Dial in a car(s) for auto cross, open track, standing mile.
            Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

I'm always interested in paint and body, and metal fab.
              I'm still learning

Comment

Originally posted by CDMBill View Post
                Drag strip tuning, how to dial in the typical, Holley four barrel, MSD ignition set up for best ET. Then suspension tuning, leaf spring car, and a triangulated four link car, higher power, traction limited situations with different tires, street, Drag Radial, slick.

Nitrous track tuning session, start small get bigger work through the issues that arise. Dial in a progressive,

Dial in a car(s) for auto cross, open track, standing mile.
                X2
                http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                ​​​​​​

Comment

I don't know where you'd find the cars, but you guys know a ton of people. How well factory hood scoops worked, or didn't. Thinking about the Buick GS, Olds W-30, Pontiac Ram Air and Chevy's Cowl Induction(?). I'm sure Ford and Mopar have equivalents. Having the stock set up versus running an open element air filter. Maybe a chassis dyno followed by some strip passes?
                  Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Take a mild engine and advance and retard the camshaft showing the compression gained or lost and how far it moved the RPM range. Then take it to the track showing the ET and MPH change from each, it would be easy if you had a electric W/P and Jesel
                    2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                    First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                    2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                    2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Take an old camaro or nova and see how fast it is at the track, then take the carb off and EFI it and see how it does after. LOL
                      Originally posted by TC
                      also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Chad - I'd be happy to help with a backyard paint article. I have a backyard and some experience (actually, I have a backyard shop and some experience). Happy to share 45-50 years of fumbling around on my own and my tiny bit of schooling on the topic. Seems more "real world" than showing how some Pro does it - not that I wouldn't like to BE a Pro.

Dan

Comment

Converting old cars to use modern windshield wipers, wiper motor upgrades, washer motor tests.

We all talk about being drivers, and using our stuff so good wipers are key.

Lets see, kit car review. Which companies are all about the $$$ and which ones really want to help people go fast.

A guide to building a car from tubing and junkyard parts.

Do a real cost break down of tuning a carb with dyno pulls and all.

Column shifters. Everyone seems to hate them, but they're kinda cool, and need more press time.

Comment

LS tech maybe a LS, MOD, and new hemi tech sections??
                            COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

I'd like to see a tech article on how to build a flow bench using a shop vac and a vacuum guage...
                              It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Ward View Post
                                I'd like to see a tech article on how to build a flow bench using a shop vac and a vacuum guage...
                                I did that once.
                                Originally posted by TC
                                also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Working...
                                X