Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TC View Post
    Cry me a song, nancy...........

I can just see it now, I didn't run well because the DD guys got to go first...........

TC REALLY? Have you Ever seen My car Blow the tires off, Ever. Thats a stupid post, I am thinking of the other guys cars not mine. The Bumper Dragger in Alabama was a "slick track" and in 07 it was 2:00 in the after noon when it went up within a inch of the bumper just for Kyles in car shot. Dont hang your hopes and dreams on my car not hooking any time of the day. I worry about guys having a good ET and being Safe
    2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
    First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
    2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
    2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Friday night I went to the track and all my motor passes went fine but by the end of the night I could see all the bald spots from the street tire cars running and ripping the rubber up. If I had tried to spray it I likely would have had an issue.
      "Friends don't let friends run the daily driver class,"

Comment

Originally posted by JeffMcKC View Post
        TC REALLY? Have you Ever seen My car Blow the tires off, Ever. Thats a stupid post, I am thinking of the other guys cars not mine. The Bumper Dragger in Alabama was a "slick track" and in 07 it was 2:00 in the after noon when it went up within a inch of the bumper just for Kyles in car shot. Dont hang your hopes and dreams on my car not hooking any time of the day. I worry about guys having a good ET and being Safe
        Relax, I'm just teas'n ya.........

Comment

The laying down of rubber is done by a Bias Ply Slick, everthing else rips rubber up.

I dont have enough power to spin a tire so its a non issue for me, but once again after seening the Mustang hit the wall last year, safety should factor in. Should be more than one car going over 200 this year and several are over 170 MPH on small tires.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffMcKC View Post
            The laying down of rubber is done by a Bias Ply Slick, everthing else rips rubber up.
            Why? Where does the rubber go that wears off of radial race tires? Why would the cord construction of a tire matter to whether or not it deposits rubber on the track?

Comment

Tread design and compound .....
              Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Originally posted by Speedzzter.blogspot View Post
                Why? Where does the rubber go that wears off of radial race tires? Why would the cord construction of a tire matter to whether or not it deposits rubber on the track?
                Post shows how much time you spend at the track.....and the keyboard.
                Reading , Pa
                Good Guys rodders rep.
                "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
                Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Originally posted by ls7gto View Post
                  Post shows how much time you spend at the track.....and the keyboard.
                  X10
                  "Friends don't let friends run the daily driver class,"

Comment

So, we had like 219, add 50 brings us to 269...should we start a pool on how many official entrants we have on Sunday?? Whoever draws the short straw as the Race Director has my sympathy...and my support and cooperation, if this is gonna work!

Comment

I still think there will be lot's of no shows, and at least 15-20 cars out by the end of the 1st day...
                      used to be purplecobra, now just myself. I still drive a mustang!!!!!

Comment

It's hard to know what the registration day number will be, my guess is 237. If they get a lot of folks notifying them that they aren't coming they can back fill off the wait list. Who knows. The race director thing is great and makes all the angst unnecessary. (I hope)
                        Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

we lost a few cars during test and tune last year..then there was the car that went back to his trailer after the cut off time...

Comment

Originally posted by paul whalen View Post
                            i still think there will be lot's of no shows, and at least 15-20 cars out by the end of the 1st day...
                            yuup

Comment

I am just trying not to be one of those no shows! If it breaks after the start, so be it- but starting DW is goal #1.
                              Why think when you can be doing something fruitful?

Comment

^^ x2
                                My Goal #2 is to be back at the end of the week driving my car after making all other tracks. Everything else is a bonus.
                                Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Working...
                                X